The Student Room Group

Are these bargain gaming PC's too good to be true?

So i'm looking for a gaming PC and i ran across this company called "vibox" that are having a sale on amazon at the moment. Such as this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Submission-Piledriver-Performance-Multimedia/dp/B007PBH5BY/ref=sr_1_19?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1368385344&sr=1-19&keywords=vibox

Literally every one of their PC's is half price, and some working out as cheaper than buying individual components individually. And they add in free games.

Has anyone ever bought from this "vibox" company, and what do people think of their sales?
Reply 1
Only 1 customer review. Don't waste your money
Reply 3
Original post by Just Josh
So i'm looking for a gaming PC and i ran across this company called "vibox" that are having a sale on amazon at the moment. Such as this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VIBOX-Submission-Piledriver-Performance-Multimedia/dp/B007PBH5BY/ref=sr_1_19?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1368385344&sr=1-19&keywords=vibox

Literally every one of their PC's is half price, and some working out as cheaper than buying individual components individually. And they add in free games.

Has anyone ever bought from this "vibox" company, and what do people think of their sales?

No, never intend to..........why buy from them when you can build.

Another thing is that in my opinion they are not trustworthy.............. they are technically better then PCWorld especially on price and loads of choice. But they are still a rip off and take advantage of people's little knowledge of a "gaming" pc, etc. Plus those people who rate them so highly are those who have never spent so much on a desktop before so are unable to compare it to another similar purchase.

I'll give you a breakdown of the parts on that link:

Ballitx sport 1333mhz ram 32gb : You wont even use a quarter of that for gaming, a bit slow, standard speed people buy is 1600mhz.............its around £100 at the moment, ram prices have gone crazy
FX-8350: £156 is the cheapest........serious power, however not the best for gaming performance, i5 is better
2TB HDD: Cheap, £65-70 branded,
3GB MSI 7970:Seems like the basic reference model........about £323
Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard: You shouldn't expect this motherboard at all if your spending this much, a low end, basic mATX mobo.......about £40
CM Storm Trooper case: Very nice case, but costly and unnecessary as you'll barely use much of it if your the average consumer........£117
Power supply isn't given: Isn't given but my guess from their website is a Corsair tx750 maybe... £84
Probably a basic optical driver about £10

Windows 8 around £80 I suppose ....

Thats roughly £980............though as they are a company they bulk buy and get the parts cheaper...............so it wasn't even worth the original £2000+ price in the first place.
Build your own. I hate how companies put in shoddy power supply units which will probably end up failing in a few months. You get a ton of fun experience from building your own, from learning and researching to building and turning it on for the first time.

If you decide to buy it, good luck getting customer service from these companies that sell gaming computers.
That PSU doesnt seem to match the power required to run the machine. Probably fake as sheeeeet.
Yeah, make sure you have a high PSU, otherwise you could kill your machine.
It's not worth it, other people have said why, so I won't bother. One thing to watch out for is 'sales' on amazon. If someone wants to sell something for 10 quid. They can say it was 100 quid and make it 90 percent off so people will buy it. Don't fall for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that the free games are an AMD thing.

They've been giving away several free games with their high end GPU's for quite a while now.

Quick Reply

Latest