The Student Room Group

What will happen if you fail one of your electives in GCE-AS LEVEL?

Ok, so my school only allows us to take 3 electives for the whole as level course. And I think I'm going to fail one of my electives ->Maths (i just took the AS level maths C1 paper today and it was so hard for me) :frown: I'm doing well on my other two electives. :tongue:

Will I be able to get into university with a grade of lets say: A,B & U?

(P.s- I know that I can just re-take the papers I think I will fail for Maths again, but I'm really worried right now :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Original post by secretnone20
Ok, so my school only allows us to take 3 electives for the whole as level course. And I think I'm going to fail one of my electives ->Maths (i just took the AS level maths C1 paper today and it was so hard for me) :frown: I'm doing well on my other two electives. :tongue:

(P.s- I know that I can just re-take the papers I think I will fail for Maths again, but I'm really worried right now :s-smilie:

Firstly, you have done really well to get your A and B. I'm not sure about what will happen in regards to the U, Take some time to have a look at what you want to do at university, you may find the entry requirements in your favor.

Don't sell yourself short just yet, you may be surprised with the results. Hope this helped! :smile:
Original post by secretnone20

If you got full A2 levels at AB grade then that's the equivalent of having three A2 levels at CCD. there are some universities that would accept you with these grades, so depending on what you want to do and where you want to go, you can get by on these grades.

If you are wanting to go or do something that requires higher grades then perhaps you could go to a different sixth form or college, or maybe even do another A levels via distance learning through somewhere like oxford college. It's up to you and what you want and need.

Quick Reply

Latest