The Student Room Group

OCR Spanish GCSE reading and listening discussion, 17th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by edd1234

I guessed big posters - it was something big - but I saw a word that looked like project so am not sure.

Pretty sure it was on a big screen, in the centre of the (historic) city. But I just put "On a big screen" (pantella = screen). Wonder if I'll get that mark :-(
So I got wrong:

desarollar sus habitaciones
where they put the posters
cartera
ruedas electricas

What other questions can you remember?
I thought it was projector as it said "proyector"
No, it was "proyecta" which means to project as in show

Damn, I feel really nervous and upset how many I got wrong which I knew... I wanted to put desarrollar but didn't
Reply 24
Know I got wrong (on reading):
The two things photos are printed on
The last question (I put win his first competition)
The lazy/aggressive/dishonest one, I put dishonest because I thought maybe they were starting rumours, oops.

Then it's touch and go on whether they'll give me:
"on a big screen"
"outside the town hall"
"starting to build a line straight to the airport"
(during the festival) "become the focus of the whole country"

Think they will/won't on those guys?

Probably a few others...that one about the English friend or his teacher was sneaky! Glad I noticed haha.
Damn!! I got the metro one wrong too

I put "they are about to construct a line to the airport", but it is "they have just finished". Do you think I'll be marked down?
What is this about countries meeting?
Oh, it means everyone in the country will know of the place due to it's photography competition.
By the way, I have a question. Is the whole thing A*'ed out of 200?

So, 180/200?

Because I got 120 in the writing and speaking - but what about this???
So, I got (at most) 35/40 in the Reading and 25/40 in the listening. I'm truly screwed :'( really upset now
Reply 30
Original post by Cynical.
Know I got wrong (on reading):
The two things photos are printed on
The last question (I put win his first competition)
The lazy/aggressive/dishonest one, I put dishonest because I thought maybe they were starting rumours, oops.

Then it's touch and go on whether they'll give me:
"on a big screen"
"outside the town hall"
"starting to build a line straight to the airport"
(during the festival) "become the focus of the whole country"

Think they will/won't on those guys?

Probably a few others...that one about the English friend or his teacher was sneaky! Glad I noticed haha.

i think you'll get the big screen one because that's right, but maybe not 'outside' the town hall because they were looking for delante- in front of

the third one i think that's also right but idk about the fourth
Reply 31
Original post by Kolasinac138
By the way, I have a question. Is the whole thing A*'ed out of 200?

So, 180/200?

Because I got 120 in the writing and speaking - but what about this???

360/400 UMS will be an A*. 120/120 on the CAs will obviously be 240/240 in terms of the UMS for that. Then they'll work it out for the listening exam and the reading one, and add them on.
So it's out of 200?
Reply 33
So it's out of 200?

Raw marks, yep. 40 on each exam and 30 for each controlled assessment.

In other news, the 2012 mark scheme says "Where an answer is ambiguous and could equally well be judged right or wrong, give benefit of doubt and mark it as correct", so I live in hope.
That sucks. I got then 230/240 in the courseworks, and maximum 35/40 and 25/40 for the rest, so I didn't get an A*. :'(

But surely the 360/400 could be lowered if they lower the A* boundary for reading and listening because it was so hard?
Reply 35
That sucks. I got then 230/240 in the courseworks, and maximum 35/40 and 25/40 for the rest, so I didn't get an A*. :'(

But surely the 360/400 could be lowered if they lower the A* boundary for reading and listening because it was so hard?

The UMS required to get an A* will remain at 360, but the raw marks required to hit this will fluctuate depending on how everyone has done.
Anyway, will I get an A* for saying "they are about to build a train line to the airport??"
what was question 2 and 3 in reading?
Original post by josephine2410
I thought it was ridiculous.. Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low as everyone seems to share this opinion...

I did so well on all the practice ones, listened to Spanish radio, read el mundo and I just didn't get it :frown:
What do you reckon the A grade boundary will be for listening and reading?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending