The Student Room Group

OCR Spanish GCSE reading and listening discussion, 17th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

prediction for A anyone?
Original post by Kolasinac138
Grade boundary A* predictions anyone?

A* is normally high, wasn't it at 90% (36) last year? I honestly can't see it being that high this year...but I don't know where they'll put it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molly_xox
A* is normally high, wasn't it at 90% (36) last year? I honestly can't see it being that high this year...but I don't know where they'll put it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is an A normally?
I hate that feeling when you come out and think " I really wanted to put that but I didn't - but it was right." :s-smilie:
2012 boundaries:
Listening
A* 30
A 25
B 20
C 16
D 12

Reading:
A* 36
A 32
B 27
C 23
D 19

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an A then, I'm really really upset with myself

I'm pissed off I didn't put "desarrollar", because I knew it was right
Got an A then, I'm really really upset with myself

I'm pissed off I didn't put "desarrollar", because I knew it was right

Don't beat yourself up, they might be lower this year as the papers were difficult :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope it's 35/40 for the reading. Do you think it might be ?
Did anyone else put "disfrutar la vida" for the last question?
Did anyone else put "disfrutar la vida" for the last question?

Yes, I did :smile: because he was talking about settling down and getting married and things and that he was still young wasn't he?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think so
Reply 71
On the reading would you get a mark if you said 'there was a line to the airport'?
I put they are about to build, I'm not sure
Got an A though.

Unless the boundaries are lower
Reply 74
The last two sections (semana santa and the paper factory) were insane. Everyone I knew guessed those, and some of the reading was hard, especially the photography competition - why would you put photos on a carpet? For the other option I put postcards because I recall reading "carterras", but apparently this means portfolio. Annoying since I did well on all of the past papers and felt so motivated to get an A*, but I don't think that's possible after those last two listening sections, they destroyed me.
Original post by allypetal
The last two sections (semana santa and the paper factory) were insane. Everyone I knew guessed those, and some of the reading was hard, especially the photography competition - why would you put photos on a carpet? For the other option I put postcards because I recall reading "carterras", but apparently this means portfolio. Annoying since I did well on all of the past papers and felt so motivated to get an A*, but I don't think that's possible after those last two listening sections, they destroyed me.

Join the club :frown: after a devastating English exam I was looking at Spanish at being my pick-me-up as I've had A*s on equivalent papers for like, 2 years, but no, I felt like crying after that listening :frown: the reading was okay, but that photography one was ridiculous, rugs and wallets it turned out to be. WHI EVEN DOES THAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree haha. Spanish was like my only guaranteed A*, and I ****ed it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending