The Student Room Group

AQA MPC1/MPC2 Papers & Solutions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by calm down
Thanks so much, I did pretty bad in those exams. I worked out 45 for C2 and C1, and I got 73ums in stats. Will this (probably) give me a C over all?

Pas ure name suggests calm down and now not really u would be 17 ums marks of a c if u get 45 in core 1 and 2 making 90 and stats is 73 making a total of 163 and a c is 180 but u never know u might have done better:smile::smile:
Reply 21
Original post by tilownii
Pas ure name suggests calm down and now not really u would be 17 ums marks of a c if u get 45 in core 1 and 2 making 90 and stats is 73 making a total of 163 and a c is 180 but u never know u might have done better:smile::smile:

Thanks for your help, I meant to clarify that I think I have 45 marks (not ums) and 44 marks (not ums) in core 1 and 2, Ive checked and this is most likely a C and a D. Therefore this would hopefully give 60ums+50ums+73ums at least, is this a C? thanks
Reply 22
is there any papers for edexcel?
Reply 23
Well that's just put a dint into my confidence for an A :frown: so annoying because I know that I can solve all of them stupid questions! But no I just had to succumb to the pressure :mad:
Reply 24
Thanks for posting! Is there any way to download/print this?
Reply 25
Original post by paolag
Hi :smile: I don't know of you could help me but could you explain to me how you done q. 5 b? (C2) the transformation that i picked out was that it was a stretch in the x-axis with scale factor 8, because if you times the 8 by 1/8 you would get x^3. Everything else though was very similar to my answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but you have to replace the whole x with it, so you have to cube it too.
(2x)^3 = 8x^3
if you replaced it with an 8 it would become (8x)^3, which equals 512x^3.
Reply 26
Original post by Alypse
Thanks for posting! Is there any way to download/print this?

You should be able to print it now, bow clicking the arrow in the top right corner.
What would 58 be?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
If I did the binomial wrong will I still get marks if I got the correct answer for the values I used?
Totally ****ed up the sketch of the circle on core 1. Looked like a baked bean...
Reply 30
Original post by calm down
Thanks for your help, I meant to clarify that I think I have 45 marks (not ums) and 44 marks (not ums) in core 1 and 2, Ive checked and this is most likely a C and a D. Therefore this would hopefully give 60ums+50ums+73ums at least, is this a C? thanks

Oh that's great it's defo a c cos u add that up which makes 183 which is well above the c grade:biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by MathMan
MPC1 solutions
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2k9nr79duuarg2n

MPC2 solutions
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?go6r4dnf65kr8lz

MPC1 (Q3d) Correction vector is (6 -7)

(Q6Cii) Correction (Trapezium area miscalculated) Shaded region is 27

Are the rest of the quetions correct?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending