The Student Room Group

Applying to UK unis from US university (Please help this idiot!)

Hey guys and studentroom, Can you guys help the most idiotic person (me) here? :P

Okay, so I am graduating high school in a month, and going to attend Cornell (Ivy US uni) this September. BUT I recently found out that I want to study in UK.

I actually applied through UCAS last year, and got an offer from Imperial, Warwick, St.A and more. BUT after I received Cornell acceptance in December, I politely rejected UK unis offers and withdrew my UCAS application.

I know Im stupid but I was in the middle of IB program, and I was like, "I got into college, why should I bother continue IB" this kind of lazy thing.. so I dropped my IB diploma, since my US uni acceptance was unconditional (So I dont take IB exam)

BUT I actually changed my mind in 6 months, I realized I like everything about England (food, Premier League, people, accents, and even weather). So I am so willing to reapply this October to UK uni while Im in Cornell and I am so willing to start from scratch.

Since I dropped IB program, the qualification that satisfies me would be SAT + AP.. Since I got nearly perfect on SAT and 3x800 SAT2s.. but only 2 relevant APs (I guess Ill take few more next May)..

I will apply to Oxford(or Cambridge), Imperial, UCL and further more..

So my question is,

Do universities (esp, Oxford) allow such student enrolled in another US University apply again from scratch using SAT+AP qualification?

Do you guys have any experience seeing students who enrolled in UK unis after dropping one year of US uni?

Thanks so much guys :smile:
Original post by nirvana1234

Do universities (esp, Oxford) allow such student enrolled in another US University apply again from scratch using SAT+AP qualification?

Do you guys have any experience seeing students who enrolled in UK unis after dropping one year of US uni?

1. No Uni here will care what other Uni you are enrolled in if you are starting a UK course from Year 1. If you dont tell them they wont even know.

2. Many US Unis are considered 'lower' than UK ones - though probably not Cornell - and therefore a Year 1 course, only equivalent to our A levels.

3. Email the Unis you are interested in attending and ask them what they require from a US applicant and if the scores etc you have are enough.

4. Make sure you want to spend THREE YEARS here. There is a big difference between being on holiday here and living here without the support of your family/friends.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending