The Student Room Group

HELP! so bored and need a hobby!

Okay so this sounds ridiculous because 'everyone has a hobby or something they enjoy' right? Not me. I work pretty much full time and I love my job, and I can definitely see myself moving up with the job I have, which is great! I just need something to fill my time on my days off.
People suggest things all the time, jewelry making, learning an instrument, cooking, but I have no real interest in any of those things. I don't mind cooking if i'm in the right mood, but that's not often.
The thing I spend most of my time doing is looking up places to go travelling. I so badly want to see other countries, but I have no one to go with as all my friends are at University.

It seems like all I can do is spend money - I get bored and go shopping or I'm looking up flights and hotels to go elsewhere. I'm interested in other countries as I said and I love fashion too, I also think I could get into something really business like and would love to fill my time turning into one of those amazing 'young entrepreneurs' i'm just not that imaginative.

Sorry this is so long, any suggestions are welcome :smile:

Free exhibitions museums,galleries, you seem like a cultured girl, sure you'll find something along those lines appeals, no?
Reply 2
How about some kind of class you could take for interest, and as a bonus end up with a qualification.

Loads of online options (including free, though not certified) now too.
You can always travel by yourself - I've done it before, it's loads of fun. :smile: (Because you can do exactly what you want when you want and don't have to compromise on ANYTHING!) Lots of cool stuff in England to go see. :smile:

You could also:
- Take up drawing
- Become a trapeze artist
- Learn a martial art
- Take an online course (coursera.org?)
- Volunteer with a charity
- Go rock climbing
- Start hula hooping
- Take dance lessons
- Brew your own beer
- Do a fashion design course at a local college
- Play with make up
- Get a dog and teach it to run agility
- Do yoga and become a contortionist
- Start a review website; watch films and review them
- Learn to mix cocktails
- Take gym classes
- Learn nail art
- Buy some fabric and a sewing machine and start to make clothes
- Go birdwatching
- Start keeping a dream diary
- Go outside with a camera, ask to take cooly-dressed people's photos, and start a street style blog
- Learn origami
- Or flower arranging
- Or fruit carving
- Scope out your local art galleries
- Join a swinging club
- Get a skateboard and start riding on it
- Find reasonably close beauty spots and take up walking
- Become a taxidermist
- Start trampolining

Not all of those things may have been 100% serious. :P But there's LOADS of stuff you can do, you just have to be a bit more creative!

(I wish I had time I didn't know what to do with...the "stuff I want to do" list is ridiculously long.)

Quick Reply

Latest