The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I got around 63/64 marks would that be an A guys?
Reply 61
Original post by Parrallax
I got around 63/64 marks would that be an A guys?

An A is usually around the 80% mark (which would be 60), so... I would say 63/64 is an A?
Reply 62
Thank you Arsey, for putting up the mark scheme !!!
Reply 63
how much ums would 69/70 out 75 be?
Full marks, hopefully... :smile:

Quick question for Q7b I worked out S20 and then calculated 32x600 I still get 27000 as the end result will I still get full marks? Also for question Q8b I expanded the equation will I get the mark?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
For question 3B i got the power right but got the co-efficient wrong how many marks out of 3?
will 60/75 give me an A ?
Reply 67
I was really expecting a horrible paper. Was slightly dreading it due to the previous papers seemingly getting harder and harder but I thought it was pretty good. Fingers crossed for no silly mistakes!
Reply 68
For question 9, where you had to do f''(x) I thought the f'(x) was just f(x) so i differentiated twice and for f'(x) I ended up getting the correct answer of
-18x^-3+2x for my f'(x) and 54x^-4+2, so will i simply lose 1 mark or gain nothing? But I ended up getting c=-2 by using the right method so it was a simple error. Someone please help...
Reply 69
cheers put my mind at ease...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JessicaGarlai
that phone question was some stupid ass question. did S20 instead of S21 and did 32x600 instead of 31x600 -.- at least I'll get the method marks!

I did the same thing and still got 27000. It should still be a full marks for that question, hopefully... :smile:
Reply 71
Thanks for putting the solutions up! Adore you for that :smile:

I also think the grade boundaries will be around jan 2013. thoughts?
Original post by Kilashakir
Thanks for putting the solutions up! Adore you for that :smile:

I also think the grade boundaries will be around jan 2013. thoughts?

I thought it would be higher seeing as this paper was easier compared to Jan 2013. :biggrin:
Reply 73
for the series question i got 27200 due to some silly calculations but my method was correct how much marks would i lose out of 5?
Reply 74
I think i got around 65/75. Could that still be an A?
Reply 75
Around 68or70/75. Was full marks apart from Q11, did the normal bit wrong and thus got a value of the length wrong. :frown:

Still, it's above 90% so I'm happy with that
do you have the papers for chemistry and biology unit 3??plz post them
Reply 77
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.

Hey thanks for ur paper and I hopefully got an A, but before I used to D's and now I finally got an A thank you so much:smile::biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.
Hi there thanks for posting the papers. May I kindly ask you what u think the grade boundaries would be for this paper? I made some silly errors in some of the parts where about 4or 5 marks were awarded so. Think I got around 64 or 65 out of 75.
On 11d I left the answer as root160, would I lose an answer mark on that?

On 9c I somehow got the constant as 4 :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending