The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Why Aber?

I am rather curious, why does everyone like Aber so much? :smile:
What makes it such a desirable place to be?

For me, it's gotta be the feel of the town, it's just so cosy and nice and I wish I could live there now! ^_^
Original post by PureR
I am rather curious, why does everyone like Aber so much? :smile:
What makes it such a desirable place to be?

For me, it's gotta be the feel of the town, it's just so cosy and nice and I wish I could live there now! ^_^

My boyfriend is coming towards the end of his first year there now and he likes the feel of it too!
I like going down there cause it is nice to be near the sea (I live in North Wales so for me it is like going home from home :biggrin:)
I also like the student feel around the place when I go down there and I LOVE Baravin on the seafront. Me and my boyfriend go out for a meal there pretty much everytime I go down to visit
Is it your firm choice then? :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
My boyfriend is coming towards the end of his first year there now and he likes the feel of it too!
I like going down there cause it is nice to be near the sea (I live in North Wales so for me it is like going home from home :biggrin:)
I also like the student feel around the place when I go down there and I LOVE Baravin on the seafront. Me and my boyfriend go out for a meal there pretty much everytime I go down to visit
Is it your firm choice then? :smile:

Yup! I got an unconditional too. :smile:
Reply 3
Loads of students here love the place. Personally I think that because it is such a small town it has a tight knit feel to it and it feels very studenty well retaining its welsh sea side identity. However after the honeymoon period the town can get very depressing.
Original post by PureR
Yup! I got an unconditional too. :smile:

Awh well done :biggrin:
Hope you enjoy it there!
Reply 5
Aber is alright :tongue:

As someone else said, it does feel quite close and cosy, you'll see the same people out and about, nothing is ever more than a short taxi/bus ride away and it is very much a student town. Plus the societies are pretty good and the drink is cheap!

Personally, it's all a bit too cosy for me, I'd prefer a bit of city bustle but hey, I certainly don't hate it here.

Quick Reply

Latest