The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Anyone thinking of applying at Brookes? If so, what course and why? :smile:

---
Connect to Oxford Brookes here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, I'm looking to do a BA in accountancy and finance
How about u?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Herschel
Yeah, I'm looking to do a BA in accountancy and finance
How about u?

Same as me! Atm, OB is 2nd on the list of my choices. I hear Oxford Brookes is pretty good for A&F so 90% likely to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SophF_rth
Same as me! Atm, OB is 2nd on the list of my choices. I hear Oxford Brookes is pretty good for A&F so 90% likely to apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi that's good to hear, I hope you get in Oxford brookes and I hope to see you their :smile:
Reply 4
Hi that's good to hear, I hope you get in Oxford brookes and I hope to see you their :smile:

That would be good! Not long till we apply now :/ Hope to meet a few people on TSR before starting. Only thing that puts me off OB is that there is only accomodation building near the business school and its shared bathroom but catered! Unless I read it wrong. But otherwise looks bood :smile:
Reply 5
That would be good! Not long till we apply now :/ Hope to meet a few people on TSR before starting. Only thing that puts me off OB is that there is only accomodation building near the business school and its shared bathroom but catered! Unless I read it wrong. But otherwise looks bood :smile:

Yeah I know not long till we apply... but I hope to meet people soon who are also going to be applying for the same course :smile:
Hopefully the accommodation is suitable :colondollar:
Reply 6
Yeah I know not long till we apply... but I hope to meet people soon who are also going to be applying for the same course :smile:
Hopefully the accommodation is suitable :colondollar:

Yeah, i think after the summer more people will come. I hope my grades are good (exams whent sh*te) otherwise might have to restart year 12! :redface:
I hope so! Where else are you wanting to apply? :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah, i think after the summer more people will come. I hope my grades are good (exams whent sh*te) otherwise might have to restart year 12! :redface:
I hope so! Where else are you wanting to apply? :smile:

Yeah tell me about it some tough exams, but I am also looking to apply for Surrey, Sussex, Aston- Birmingham, Oxford Brookes and Lancaster. All for accounting and finance courses :smile:
Where are you applying too?
Reply 8
Yeah tell me about it some tough exams, but I am also looking to apply for Surrey, Sussex, Aston- Birmingham, Oxford Brookes and Lancaster. All for accounting and finance courses :smile:
Where are you applying too?

What subjects do ya do? I think i did dreadful haha.
Awesome :smile: i'm thinking UEA, Oxford Brookes, Surrey, UWE and Hertfordshire and and all same course too.
Reply 9
What subjects do ya do? I think i did dreadful haha.
Awesome :smile: i'm thinking UEA, Oxford Brookes, Surrey, UWE and Hertfordshire and and all same course too.

That's good, I heard most universities take 1 in every 8 people for their courses, who apply their. I'm currently going to start my second year and am taking finance, business and partly computing, but the only problem is I want to re do my maths GCSE and get an A/A*, so yeah..
What about you? :smile:
That's good, I heard most universities take 1 in every 8 people for their courses, who apply their. I'm currently going to start my second year and am taking finance, business and partly computing, but the only problem is I want to re do my maths GCSE and get an A/A*, so yeah..
What about you? :smile:

1 in 8 isn't too bad :smile: you're doing good subjects for the degree so all should go to plan :smile:
have you asked your school/college about it? I'm sure you'll be able to :smile: i do Maths, Computing, Politics & psychology. But i'll deffo be dropping Maths as its not going aswell as i hoped.

Hi.
Reply 11
1 in 8 isn't too bad :smile: you're doing good subjects for the degree so all should go to plan :smile:
have you asked your school/college about it? I'm sure you'll be able to :smile: i do Maths, Computing, Politics & psychology. But i'll deffo be dropping Maths as its not going aswell as i hoped.

Hi.

Yeah I asked my college and they said it would be fine, So I will revise over the summer for 2 months and hopefully be prepared for the exams next year, and the subjects your doing are also very interesting and relevant for this course, best of luck :smile:
I'm sure you'll do just fine, remember to revise, that's all really :smile:
Yeah I asked my college and they said it would be fine, So I will revise over the summer for 2 months and hopefully be prepared for the exams next year, and the subjects your doing are also very interesting and relevant for this course, best of luck :smile:
I'm sure you'll do just fine, remember to revise, that's all really :smile:

That's good! Im sure you will be. Im hoping to be more prepared this year, esp with no Jan exams it will be harder. Thanks and you, hope to keep in touch along the way! That's my problem i dont do enough revision every time haha.
Reply 13
That's good! Im sure you will be. Im hoping to be more prepared this year, esp with no Jan exams it will be harder. Thanks and you, hope to keep in touch along the way! That's my problem i dont do enough revision every time haha.

It was a pleasure talking to you, and I hope to speak to you in the future regarding this process.
You seem like really nice girl
Good luck with your exams and advice you gave me :smile:
:wink:
It was a pleasure talking to you, and I hope to speak to you in the future regarding this process.
You seem like really nice girl
Good luck with your exams and advice you gave me :smile:

And you! Yeah, that would be good :smile: thank you and yourself minus the girl part(i think?:wink:) btw, where are you from? :smile:
Reply 15
And you! Yeah, that would be good :smile: thank you and yourself minus the girl part(i think?:wink:) btw, where are you from? :smile:

I'm from South Croydon
Where are you from?
Or do you mean country?
:smile:
I'm from South Croydon
Where are you from?
Or do you mean country?

Well, i assumed you lived in UK :wink: ah cool, I live about 30m south of you near Gatwick Airport :smile:
Reply 17
Well, i assumed you lived in UK :wink: ah cool, I live about 30m south of you near Gatwick Airport :smile:

Ok that's cool
It's funny how close we live...
Ok that's cool
It's funny how close we live...

Yeah! I expected you to say up north! :wink: we've totally just taken over this thread! :cool:
Reply 19
Yeah! I expected you to say up north! :wink: we've totally just taken over this thread! :cool:

Really?, I know this thread is turning into a conversation now :smile:

Quick Reply