The Student Room Group

Syrian islamist rebel leader shown cannablising opposition soliders organs

Are these guys just trying to see how far they can push David Cameron and William Hague to continue supporting them?. I bet if they started eating babies, Hague will still think up excuses of why we should side with rebels.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by flyingarmbarman
Are these guys just trying to see how far they can push David Cameron and William Hague to continue supporting them?. I bet if they started eating babies, Hague will still think up excuses of why we should side with rebels.

Is this a joke? One individual doesn't speak for a wider majority especially when that majority is so divided.

With the state of Syria I wouldn't be surprised if this was just mud slinging from either side.

Regardless, we shouldn't get involved.
Original post by Thriftworks
Is this a joke? One individual doesn't speak for a wider majority especially when that majority is so divided.With the state of Syria I wouldn't be surprised if this was just mud slinging from either side.Regardless, we shouldn't get involved.
he is the leader of one of the main rebel groups, not some random. And it isnt 'mud slinging'- he posted a video of himself on the net, urging other sunnis to target shias
Is this a joke? One individual doesn't speak for a wider majority especially when that majority is so divided.With the state of Syria I wouldn't be surprised if this was just mud slinging from either side.Regardless, we shouldn't get involved.
and my point is, regardles of the bararism we are witnessing on a daily basis, Hague is still rather shamelessly pushing us to support islamist rebels
Reply 4
and my point is, regardles of the bararism we are witnessing on a daily basis, Hague is still rather shamelessly pushing us to support islamist rebels

He doesn't need to be ashamed of holding an interventionist opinion.
He doesn't need to be ashamed of holding an interventionist opinion.
he does if intervension means coming in on the side of terrorist or cannibal sectarians. i guess its not important to you unless he starts eating western soldiers organs?
Reply 6
he does if intervension means coming in on the side of terrorist or cannibal sectarians. i guess its not important to you unless he starts eating western soldiers organs?

Now this is intresting, take the united kingdom as a society - as a whole.

Now take Jimmy Saville as an individual, an individual who was member of British society. Now by your logic the British during the 70s were pedophiles as one member on British society committed pedophilic acts.

Now I'd hope you'd agree with me that the actions of one do not want the generalization of many.

Rest - It's subjective, others would disagree unless you can put some facts on the table.
Now this is intresting, take the united kingdom as a society - as a whole. Now take Jimmy Saville as an individual, an individual who was member of British society. Now by your logic the British during the 70s were pedophiles as one member on British society committed pedophilic acts.Now I'd hope you'd agree with me that the actions of one do not want the generalization of many.Rest - It's subjective, others would disagree unless you can put some facts on the table.
jimmy savile doesnt represent any group, we are talking about a well known leader of a major rebel group active in Homs for months, so your are clutching at straws. leaders do represent postion of the group, ie in that this guy decides who they kill and who they dont. in terms of interventionist policy, the uk will look at two issues in primacy, what serves our intersts and which side is esentially the evil one - as is the case of most muslim conflicts, its not clear cut which side is the worst bad guy
Reply 8
jimmy savile doesnt represent any group, we are talking about a well known leader of a major rebel group active in Homs for months, so your are clutching at straws. leaders do represent postion of the group, ie in that this guy decides who they kill and who they dont. in terms of interventionist policy, the uk will look at two issues in primacy, what serves our intersts and which side is esentially the evil one - as is the case of most muslim conflicts, its not clear cut which side is the worst bad guy

If he isn't an elected leader then he by no means represents the group
Reply 9
Every country is a bloody joke! I wish I could just live in the fuc*king moon!
islamists dont ahve a principle of 'democracy' (this is a non islamic concept) the most violent warlord takes power of a group and they follow. therefore that movement takes the line of its leader. why should we be coming in on the side of animals like this exactly?
Reply 11

Yet his followers follow him. Why you are trying to play down the fact that a significant figure of the opposition ripped out a dead mans heart and bit it is beyond me. You only need to go on youtube to find out how much of the opposition is represented by such personalities.
Original post by telephone
Yet his followers follow him. Why you are trying to play down the fact that a significant figure of the opposition ripped out a dead mans heart and bit it is beyond me. You only need to go on youtube to find out how much of the opposition is represented by such personalities.

They may follow a cause and not the leader. Who are you to interpret their motives for them?

Youtube isn't regarded to be the most reliable place to collect evidence for a debate. But if you share some links I'll happily have a look at some sources, as long as they aren't graphic.
Original post by Algorithm69
You should just stop now. Your arguments are terrible.

Then I'd invite you to develop a meaningfull rebuttle.
Reply 14

I don't think "we" should support them at all anyway, just leave both sides to it.
Reply 15
Is this a joke? One individual doesn't speak for a wider majority especially when that majority is so divided.

With the state of Syria I wouldn't be surprised if this was just mud slinging from either side.

Regardless, we shouldn't get involved.

It's not like this is the first time we have heard something really messed up about these rebel factions we supposedly should be helping out, it's yet another in a long line. They are dangerous.
Reply 16
Then I'd invite you to develop a meaningfull rebuttle.

If you type Islamist into a search you will understand who these people actually are. There is merit to being politically correct however not until one has done thorough research. Otherwise we can all come and give the benefit of a doubt to cannibalism.
Original post by Redolent
It's not like this is the first time we have heard something really messed up about these rebel factions we supposedly should be helping out, it's yet another in a long line. They are dangerous.

Don't get me wrong I'm not arguing that we should 'help them out' but i'm naturally skeptical of information of this kind coming out given the situation in Syria.
Reply 18
Don't get me wrong I'm not arguing that we should 'help them out' but i'm naturally skeptical of information of this kind coming out given the situation in Syria.

I'm not really because a lot of the media in this country, as well as the government, have tried to paint the rebels as a bunch of freedom fighters trying to bring down evil tyrants for months. Now they are finally having to concede that a lot of these groups are just as screwed up as the people they are trying to bring down.
Original post by Redolent
I'm not really because a lot of the media in this country, as well as the government, have tried to paint the rebels as a bunch of freedom fighters trying to bring down evil tyrants for months. Now they are finally having to concede that a lot of these groups are just as screwed up as the people they are trying to bring down.

You obviously don't watch Russia Today UK then.

Aside, the media all have vested interests, you can't expect balance from a private corporation unless they market themselves as so.

( all those that are not government funded - though saying that government funded media doesn't is of course debatable)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending