The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Royal Mail 1st class has a 93% success rate of next day delivery. That being said, they send millions of letters a day. Mail is allowed 10 days before it's lost. Compensation is 6 stamps unless you can prove the value, then it's up to £20.

The only way to have guaranteed next day is special delivery, where only a few people are in contact with the mail. Don't send money in the post.

Royal Mail Security Graduate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I put a letter in the post box tonight around 8/9pm, the next collection from the letterbox (in Thornton Heath) is 7am Monday - Friday. It's going to Darlington on a 1st Class Stamp assuming it's not too heavy; 3 pages of A4 paper into a small envelope, when will a letter picked up Thursday 7am from Thornton Heath arrive in Darlington?
My mate sent a letter from manchester to patchway bristol on Friday and it's still not arrived would it actually take a while to recieve it
If I Sent a parcel from DARBY to ESEXE HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO ARRIVE ?!
Reply 24
My Birthday card I sent to my friend took like a year just to get to her... Although it was in 2nd class, but it's ridiculous. I have recently sent another card to my friend for her daughters birthday, which is in first class. And I put £5 in it, I hope that doesn't take a year or the one I sent back in April.