The Student Room Group

JP Morgan A-level Insight Day

Scroll to see replies

Offered a place here too and just about to accept for MS Open Day, so pleased! Look forward to meeting anyone who is going :') Now we just wait for RBS and HSBC...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Didn't get into the JPMorgan one, but got accepted by Morgan Stanley :h:. Now just waiting for RBS to reply.
Original post by Black-Scholes
Just got an acceptance for the Morgan Stanley open day :smile: . Replied about 2 minutes ago. Anyone know if we get any additional details, and when it says we need to submit travel expenses within 2 weeks of the event if that means 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after?

I think they'll send us another email once we confirm tomorrow. And I think it's two weeks after. I'm so unlucky because I live within the M25 but my train fare in rush hour is truly horrific.

Edit: It must be after because they want the actual receipts attached.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
Just went onto hotmail and got my invitation. So happy!

When it says reply by e-mail, do they mean we should reply to the invite e-mail?
Original post by jimmy_95
Just went onto hotmail and got my invitation. So happy!

When it says reply by e-mail, do they mean we should reply to the invite e-mail?

That's what I did, haha. It's not an automated address so I guess so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Black-Scholes
Just got an acceptance for the Morgan Stanley open day :smile: . Replied about 2 minutes ago. Anyone know if we get any additional details, and when it says we need to submit travel expenses within 2 weeks of the event if that means 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after?

I'd say its no more than 2 weeks after, although I'd imagine if you can book in advance and provide online booking references you'd be able to make your claim before the event :smile:
Rejected by MS :frown:
Reply 87
Original post by ellenabethx
Rejected by MS :frown:

Hey , did you get an email about this? Not heard anything today while everyone else seems to have had contact :s

Nevermind, been rejected too, I feel your pain.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 88
rejected by JP and MS, gutted. Now hoping for HSBC and RBS, highly dought the RBS one though
I've been rejected by JPM, probably due to my terrible last year's grades :frown: but I haven't heard anything from MS yet despite everyone else having done!
Reply 90
Original post by Matamaticas
I've been rejected by JPM, probably due to my terrible last year's grades :frown: but I haven't heard anything from MS yet despite everyone else having done!

It won't be your grades, I got pretty bad grades and got on last year. It's likely your CV/application or other students has stronger extra-curriculars. Work on those and you'll get on next time round x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my, I'm still waiting on MS... Sent my app 6 months ago so god knows how it'll fare

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by will2348
Offered a place here too and just about to accept for MS Open Day, so pleased! Look forward to meeting anyone who is going :') Now we just wait for RBS and HSBC...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which HSBC one is this if you don't mind me asking?

is it this one?
http://jobs.hsbc.co.uk/apprentices/work-experience-programme.aspx

cus i can't seem to find how to apply to it :tongue:

got accepted into the MS open day too :biggrin:
Original post by TPJY
Which HSBC one is this if you don't mind me asking?

is it this one?
http://jobs.hsbc.co.uk/apprentices/work-experience-programme.aspx

cus i can't seem to find how to apply to it :tongue:

got accepted into the MS open day too :biggrin:

This one here buddy...
http://www.hsbcnet.com/hr/graduate-careers/programmes/content-pre-university.html

I applied back in January to that - heard nothing. They didn't confirm to me that they'd received it so I have no idea really, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Has anyone heard back after having confirmed the place for the MS open day? should we get a final email confirmation or it is assumed to be already confirmed?"
Looking forward to see you guys! Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A___G
Has anyone heard back after having confirmed the place for the MS open day? should we get a final email confirmation or it is assumed to be already confirmed?"
Looking forward to see you guys! Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard of anything yet following on from the confirmation email, no. I'm pretty sure they'll send another one though with more details closer the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Has anyone heard back from HSBC or rbs??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A___G
Has anyone heard back from HSBC or rbs??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. HSBC one isn't too far away either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by will2348
Nope. HSBC one isn't too far away either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

HSBC's deadline isn't till the 10th though, probably hear after that. Which is lucky seeing as I haven't applied for it yet!
Reply 99
Original post by AJW 12394
HSBC's deadline isn't till the 10th though, probably hear after that. Which is lucky seeing as I haven't applied for it yet!

Hopefully will get the HSBC one at least, got rejected from JP morgan. Anyone want to share their academics who was successful? Just out of interest..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest