The Student Room Group

Sounds that annoy you.

Scroll to see replies

The sound people make when they go to drink a reasonably hot beverage; it's kinda like slurping but it sounds more like they just inhaled the drink through their mouth. It's ****ing irritating.
I really hate sound when people scratch their palms. I have no idea why, not much else annoys me.
When people speak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When polystyrene is rubbed/squeezed.
Reply 24
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx
I absolutely HATE when people crack their fingers... yuckyyy

Agree with you there, that's horrible!
Just loud eaters.
Reply 26
Original post by Yawn11

- Any sound that my mum is able make. From walking, with her elephant feet to talking. Her laugh/voice is high-pitched like a witch, and she sings you feel the urge to check that no glassware has been shattered, doesn't help that she sings half the words wrong. Eats food like Lion laying into a some dead meat. Farts loudly, uses the toilet with the open for 30seconds before closing the door, that's only if she can hear one of us nearby. :facepalm2:

Man this irritates me the hell out of me, especially when trying to do work.

So much I can't construct sentences properly.
(edited 10 years ago)
When people scrape their teeth along a fork. Oh. my. god.

Nail biting. I bite my nails but try to do it quietly. When you can hear the clicking noise of people chewing through their nails....ughhhh.

People swallowing/ chewing food. Ew.

People wheezing.
Loud chewing, repetitive music through walls, sniffing, any kind of popping nose people make with their mouth
Original post by James A
Definitely chalk on a whiteboard, that does my head in.

Ladies with high heels in the library.

I dislike that sound, but I wouldn't call it annoying.
Original post by InternetGangster
I dislike that sound, but I wouldn't call it annoying.

Why don 't you think it's annoying?
Reply 31
Snoring, when my cats scrape the floor, when people tut over and over, someone munching in my ear, someone whimpering in their sleep, nail down a chalk board, a squeaky balloon, my alarm when I need to get up
Manchester Utd fans.
When your in the library and you finally notice all the keyboard noises... and you cant unlisten to them :frown:

Car revving late at night/early in morning.

Pen squeak on whiteboard.

Teeth on cutlery *shudder*

The tearing of paper.

Clock ticking.

Baby crying on airplane (I want to murder someone)
Reply 34
unnecessarily loud eating

squelching coming from the mouth be it from eating or just over excitable saliva

the sounds of heels bashing down a corridor on their way to sort you or some pressing issue out with a view to being horrible and overly authoritative or ridiculously business orientated

the list goes on
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Ebony19
unnecessarily loud eating

squelching coming from the mouth be it from eating or just over excitable saliva

the sounds of heels bashing down a corridor on their way to sort you or some pressing issue out with a view to being horrible and overly authoritative or ridiculously business orientated

there list goes on

ewwwwwwww this so much
Reply 36
Original post by 2ndClass
ewwwwwwww this so much

worst still is when it's firing at you
Scraping against glass....
Reply 38
A group of middle aged women laughing. It just sounds like a bunch of witches cackling... and whatever they're laughing about isn't even funny to begin with.
Whispering.
The sound when you move your hand across the page when writing.
My own voice.
People blowing their nose.

Quick Reply

Latest