The Student Room Group

What is AS business like?

For the course I wish to take in uni in 2014 (I'm currently doing 3 AS levels), some universities require a fourth AS level at at least a grade B standard. So I was thinking of taking AS business alongside my 3 A2 levels next year.

I was hoping to get some advice on what it's like and the work load as I obviously need to put my A2 levels first.

Reply 1
Original post by carrellii
For the course I wish to take in uni in 2014 (I'm currently doing 3 AS levels), some universities require a fourth AS level at at least a grade B standard. So I was thinking of taking AS business alongside my 3 A2 levels next year.

I was hoping to get some advice on what it's like and the work load as I obviously need to put my A2 levels first.

What courses are you doing atm? If you're doing something like economics it shouldn't be that hard, but business is like anything if you put the work in you'll do well. AS business isn't that hard but it can catch you out.
Reply 2
It requires a hell of a lot of essay practice; you need to be good at writing essays and have a particular style of writing these essays - logical and well informed as well as able to back it up with figures and LOTS OF ANALYSIS. This is what catches most people out and I would say is the hardest part of the course. However, the grade boundaries seem to be quite low - 68% for an A?
Reply 3
I'm currently doing AS biology, chemistry and physics and I'm continuing them all next year. I want to do a degree in Dentistry and I was thinking of business because I've heard it's good for Dentistry.

I'm definitely prepared to put the work in, it's just I need a subject that isn't ridiculously time consuming as I obviously need to put my A2 levels first
Reply 4
Original post by Devina-S
It requires a hell of a lot of essay practice; you need to be good at writing essays and have a particular style of writing these essays - logical and well informed as well as able to back it up with figures and LOTS OF ANALYSIS. This is what catches most people out and I would say is the hardest part of the course. However, the grade boundaries seem to be quite low - 68% for an A?

The low grade boundaries definitely sound appealing haha :smile:
Reply 5
Hmm. I would not do it if you dont like writting. Its just as bad as English. i would not have picked it if I had realised that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending