The Student Room Group

Equivalency exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
so i took the test and the exam finished at 12. im still waiting for the call. what time did everyone else find out? im sooooooooo nervous!

cheers

ben
Reply 41
After five that eve. How did you get on??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Ha! Only went and got 89%!! Couldn't believe it. I think that's an equivalent of a A. Although, I'm not sure!!

Sooooo happy!

Thanks for everyone's help. 3 weeks hard work well and truly paid off!!
Reply 43
Soo pleased for you. The relief is bloody
Over whelming. It feels great. Very well done you can chill for a bit now x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Yes I think it is an A I got 79% was a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am due to take the science (combined) equivalent test in November. Could someone tell me how and what I need to revise please? Also I am planning to do the exam in a school or college so I don't have to go to the testing centre. I really need to pass it. Please could someone send me some useful links or tips to help me! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from one of you lovely people! x:smile:
Reply 46
Hi

im new to this thread, I will be taking the test in November go to mygcsescience. The videos are good.
Reply 47
Can anyone tell me would the questions be similar to those on aqa past exam papers? I'm revising is there any other different sources to go through for revision?
Reply 48
As soon as you book equivalency test they send you topics to cover and pass papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zanaibh83
Hi

im new to this thread, I will be taking the test in November go to mygcsescience. The videos are good.

Hi Zainab! When are you taking the exam? Are you taking it at the test centre? Or at a school? Are you doing the exam only or did you choose the home study? Send me your email address and we can chat and help each other out! My name is Hajar!
Hope to hear from u soon! :smile:
Reply 50
I'm sitting my biology equivalency exam a week Friday. I'm really nervous as I didn't do GCSE biology originally and I've studied the whole course from scratch, starting at the end of August. I work full time and volunteer on one of my days off at a primary school, so I'm trying to fit as much revision in as I can in to the little time left. Any advice?
Original post by rso101
I'm sitting my biology equivalency exam a week Friday. I'm really nervous as I didn't do GCSE biology originally and I've studied the whole course from scratch, starting at the end of August. I work full time and volunteer on one of my days off at a primary school, so I'm trying to fit as much revision in as I can in to the little time left. Any advice?

hi! How come you are only doing biology? for primary you need all sciences...and Good luck! Where are you taking the exam?
Reply 52
Hi Hajar I'm only doing biology because you only need a science for entry to primary. You don't need to do any more than one. I'm taking the exam at my local college as an external student. I'm paying for an invigilator and hiring the room. It would take me ages to get to Essex so I thought this was the best thing to do. Thanks for the encouragement and all the best with yours. The mygcsescience website is amazing by the way in case you haven't found it yet.
Hey guys .. I just wanted to ask if anyone has done the biology higher paper through equivalency testing ? What are the questions like ? What topics have come up ??
Reply 54
Hi I was wondering that also! I'm doing the biology equivalency test soon and I'm really nervous :frown:
Reply 55
Hi Sangria I have the biology test soon any idea how it was? The questions and what to revise. Thank you
Reply 56
Original post by Samira786
Hey guys .. I just wanted to ask if anyone has done the biology higher paper through equivalency testing ? What are the questions like ? What topics have come up ??

hi samira not sure if you're getting my messages.
Reply 57
Original post by Samira786

I've inboxed you :smile:
Hi everyone!
I have been travelling and only just came back two months ago, and in that time I somehow got a conditional offer for Thames Primary SCITT, passed the literacy & numeracy skills tests first time, and now having to do a Science equivalency test.
My test is at Canterbury Christchurch Uni, and I believe it is an hour multiple choice. I got given very vague revision tools, and I am not sure where to start?
Is the equivalency test equals to a foundation or higher tier paper?
If anyone has any advice, that'll be great :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by JLivvy1304
Hi everyone!
I have been travelling and only just came back two months ago, and in that time I somehow got a conditional offer for Thames Primary SCITT, passed the literacy & numeracy skills tests first time, and now having to do a Science equivalency test.
My test is at Canterbury Christchurch Uni, and I believe it is an hour multiple choice. I got given very vague revision tools, and I am not sure where to start?
Is the equivalency test equals to a foundation or higher tier paper?
If anyone has any advice, that'll be great :smile:

Hey did you pass your science equivalency test?!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending