The Student Room Group

Equivalency exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Good luck. Let us know how you got on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Thanks - bit frustrating having to wait. Still no result. Will call Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Got 87%!!! Very pleased 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Hi

Can anyone give me some advice. I am really panicking as I need to do my Biology through Equivalency testing. I have been told the last exam is 15th July and I need to pass for September for my place at uni for EYT. Can anyone guide me in the right direction to get past papers and what else am able to do please? Past papers for Equivalency testing please. I don't think I have enough time.
I have just sat my Science Biology equivalency test and very pleased to say I passed with 78% (even missing two or three questions worth high marks!).

I thought I would recommend a book which really helped me and was my only source of revision. It's called "GCSE Biology for AQA. CPG", I really didn't have a clue about biology previous to this book, scoring a grade E at school! But with two months revision I have managed to get a grade B.
This book has eveything you will need, I also found making bullet points and sticking them around the room really helped to absorb the information.
There are YouTube clips which were also helpful to summarise key points. Stick to the syllabus, I went over one past paper and that was it- even the night before.

If you feel like giving up, you must keep going! If I can do it, anyone can!
Wishing you all lots of luck.
Original post by sayyedam
Hi

Can anyone give me some advice. I am really panicking as I need to do my Biology through Equivalency testing. I have been told the last exam is 15th July and I need to pass for September for my place at uni for EYT. Can anyone guide me in the right direction to get past papers and what else am able to do please? Past papers for Equivalency testing please. I don't think I have enough time.

You must get the book I have recommended below! It has eveything you will need to pass, YouTube clips also help! You CAN do this!
Reply 86
I am using the same revision book but the Edexcel one and working on GCSE bite size. Just hoping it's not too hard as I had got a D in school. Just aiming for a C.
Reply 87
For the you tube clips did you just put specific topic headings to search for them?
Hi Sophie_claire86,

Please could you tell me what topics came up on the exam and what kind of questions. I have an exam but don't know which topics to revise. Thank you.
Reply 89
It would be good to know what topics were covered as I have just over a week now as am sitting the exam on 14th July eek really nervous!
It would be good to know what topics were covered as I have just over a week now as am sitting the exam on 14th July eek really nervous!

It would be so helpful. How long have you been revising for? It's just stressful! Can't wait until its all done and dusted.
Reply 91
I have been studying for around 6 weeks now.

Original post by Salmak2003
It would be so helpful. How long have you been revising for? It's just stressful! Can't wait until its all done and dusted.
Reply 92
I have been studying for around 6 weeks now.

It has been 6 weeks. I can't wait either as I have my literacy and numeracy skills tests too!
Reply 93
Original post by Sophie_claire86
You must get the book I have recommended below! It has eveything you will need to pass, YouTube clips also help! You CAN do this!

Hi do you mind telling us what topics we need to revise more and what's covered?
Original post by Sangria
Hi I done it today was given the higher biology paper 2 hours. Quite a few questions required longer answers. Actually run out of time my writing at the end was terrible! Felt sure I was resitting. Received a phone call at 5pm I passed 79% got a B. believe me I started crying with relief.

Have you booked yet? When you do look at the syllabus list they send you and follow that. I kept revising the usual,stuff cells adaptations etc. if you keep,at it you will be fine. Biology is def not my strong point. Best of luck let me know how it goes. who are you doing it with?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hi I have to book for English equivalency test and I am not sure how to book and where to revise from if any one can please help . thanks
Hi,
I sat the exam, some of the questions were pretty straight forward. But there were a a couple of the questions which threw me. I attempted them just hoping for the best but they were high mark questions. One of the questions was asking about emphysema and another about the kidneys. 😳😔
Original post by Salmak2003
Hi,
I sat the exam, some of the questions were pretty straight forward. But there were a a couple of the questions which threw me. I attempted them just hoping for the best but they were high mark questions. One of the questions was asking about emphysema and another about the kidneys. 😳😔

How and where did you book it, I am struggling the next exams are in Cardiff and Sussex which is really far from me, am a bit confused also I want the past exams paper which am not sure how I will get. PLEASE HELP
Reply 97
Hi this is the Equivalency Testing website with info and phone number for booking.
I rang yesterday and they said that the next exam sitting will be on their website on the 20th Aug. with booking form. Hope this helps.
http://www.equivalencytesting.com/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98
Hi
I want to book for the science equivalency combined just want to know do i need to revise just unit 5 and 6?? If not which units do I revise?
Thanks
Reply 99
Wow congratulations to all that passed... I'm sat here revising and test is on Monday. I am doing the combined sciences and really struggling with the past papers they sent me. I've had to cram in the revision over 6 weeks. I'm trying to stay calm but I don't know if I can pass this... :frown:

Tina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending