The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton uni - what is psychology like?

I'm hopefully starting psychology at Southampton uni in September, does anyone know what it's like??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Also any opinions on different accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
As a city southampton is pretty good although the uni versity is a little way from the centre of town and thsin student areas thete ate the uni link busses which go pretty regulary and I think they run a safety bus at night to the resedences the union is pretty good towith a shop and what looked like pizza take aways and things near what I assume were the halls ( I was doing some work experence there).

in town there are many good clubs including vodka reveloutions orange rooms kaos and many more fine establishments. There are 2 big shopping centres in town and the high street west quays amd East street mall east street mall has a huge cex shop which is great for cheap dvd's cd's games what have you. You also have all your usual shops in west quays such as apple amd topman.

on the street towards soul celler there are loads of take aways and on wa days the common is a great place to chill out with a bbq and a couple of drinks there is also a dri ski slope and bournmouth is only a shoty journy by train if you want to go the beach.
so yeah great place to live and study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Laurashouse
I'm hopefully starting psychology at Southampton uni in September, does anyone know what it's like??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I graduated from Soton in 2010 after studying psychology. The course was varied, heavy on statistics in the first couple of years, fantastic research facilities and tutors were very supportive.

In terms of the city: nightlife is great, shopping is even better! Doesn't matter which halls you get into - they've all got a great atmosphere.

In short - enjoy! And go to the bun fight in your freshers week so you can get involved in different societies etc.
Reply 4
Psychology at Southampton is a very serious course but incredible interesting. You will enjoy it a lot. Statistics is important in he first year but as long as you pass it that is fine. It's all a learning curve and there is support if you need it :smile:

X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending