The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography Unit 1 14 May 2013

Hey guys I can't find a thread on this exam!

How did everyone find it and what answers did you get???

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did everyone find it?

What answers did you get?

Lets discuss!!!
Reply 2
I found it a weird paper... not too hard but just unexpected things came up.
Which long answer question did you do?
absolutely hated it, did so much wrong, edexcel definitely mugged us off compared to all the past papers. i was getting 80/90 in the practise paper and in this one i will be lucky if i even got 10.
Reply 4
i hated the whole paper but you have to admit that the questions at the end, the 10 and 15 marker were relatively straight forward?
Reply 5
i've got to admit the papers that i'd done before this were completely different, there was barely anything on hotspots and some of the global questions were ridiculous... post colonialism? at least I actually knew what it was, but many other people in my year were completely thrown by it, not even sure if we were taught it. Luckily we covered it in English Lit so it wasn't too bad... and the esg scores... come on. the last questions were ok, I did question 8 but found there wasnt that much to say about the first part (global sea level rise)
Reply 6
I thought it was a really figure based and directed paper. There wasn't really a lot left for interpretation and own explanations. I felt it was too directed! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
It was hard. yeh it was totally different from all the past papers. I think the grade bounderies will be very low this year.
Reply 8
I actually found it really easy, the post colonialism question was a little bit strange but I feel like I managed to guess the answer correctly. I have always found unit one is very much like the GCSE exam where it is practically general knowledge for geography.
Did anyone answer question 9 for the long questions it was about patterns in trade and how tnc affected globalisation?
I did that one found it hard and I had no idea how to answer A...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Thought it was a nice paper. On;y question I didn't really like was about buying locally. Wasn't sure how to get 5 marks for writing about ethical pros and cons OR green pros and cons.
I did question 7.
That question was perfect :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by AT101ET
Thought it was a nice paper. On;y question I didn't really like was about buying locally. Wasn't sure how to get 5 marks for writing about ethical pros and cons OR green pros and cons.
I did question 7.
That question was perfect :smile:

I didn't notice the OR! Oh no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I did question 9.....as well as half the people in my exam sitting, i was seriously thinking of switching questions with 10 minuted to go
Original post by rocker16
I did question 9.....as well as half the people in my exam sitting, i was seriously thinking of switching questions with 10 minuted to go

what did u put for both parts of wuestion 9??? part A about the trade patterns was a really wierd question..how did u anser it? and part b was fairly decent might have got 11/12 out of 15 (what role TNCs play in globalisation...)
Reply 14
part A was really hard...I basically ended up just repeating things about trade flows increasing, however only in certain regions and why that might be etc. (although i was really lucky and i remember reading the article in the FT from where the source was!)
part A was really hard...I basically ended up just repeating things about trade flows increasing, however only in certain regions and why that might be etc. (although i was really lucky and i remember reading the article in the FT from where the source was!)

Ha ha lucky you- that must have helped a lot!
I commented on that Asia exports so high and why cos there so quickly developing
Why western Europe was experiencing slowest growth
Why middle east was quite low...
And why Africa was quite low
So mainly making comments about how high or low one of the exportations and/or annual growth of it was for one region and trying to explain why...
Is that what you did?
Wat abt part b?
Reply 16
part b looked easier than it actually was, I just wrote one of my "pre-prepared" answers and added a case study about easyjet.....you?
Also for part A i only wrote about a page and part b two pages, I am not sure if its enough
part b looked easier than it actually was, I just wrote one of my "pre-prepared" answers and added a case study about easyjet.....you?
Also for part A i only wrote about a page and part b two pages, I am not sure if its enough

question 9 was by far the hardest question out of all the essays,i think you made the wrong decision -10 was easier aswell as 7 being a piece of cake if you knew your casestudies. I did question 7 ,the exam was amazing,couldnt have gone better,hoping for 120
Reply 18
If anybody remembers any questions from section A can you pleaaaaase tell me?! Trying to roughly estimate how many marks I think I got :/ The only ones I can remember are the post accession and colonial migrants, deforrestation, buying locally, past data being unreliable, egs score, the arctic and africa one and the sunspots one! Would really, really, REALLY appreciate it!!! Any question will do! Thanks :smile:
Wat do every 1 reckon the grade boundaries will b like? I thot is was above average in difficulty so hopefully the boundaries will b similar 2 summer 2012's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending