The Student Room Group

All AQA iGCSE Sciences (summer 2013) discussion

Scroll to see replies

for my mocks grade boundary for a* was 65% but i reckon paper was easier than the specimens so 70 ish
Reply 21
so how was chemistry everyone? Personally I reckon it was massively easier than bio... Though I messed up the enthalpy change calculation. What did you think? Paper 2 has surely got to be a lot harder?!
What were the three advantages for the last question?
Reply 23
chem was fine i thought. what do you think will come up in physics this thursday? and you recon it will be easy like bio and chem? also we do get the an equations sheet right?
Reply 24
Original post by SSD07
chem was fine i thought. what do you think will come up in physics this thursday? and you recon it will be easy like bio and chem? also we do get the an equations sheet right?

Yes we do get one, but nothing else (eg: a periodic table - not that you'd need one).
how did you find it?
Reply 26
physics was okay, about as easy as chem, maybe a little harder
what did you get for the weight of the bigger boy? everyone i know got different answers. Also, what type of error did you get for the ammeter?
Reply 28
Original post by LookIts_Liam
what did you get for the weight of the bigger boy? everyone i know got different answers. Also, what type of error did you get for the ammeter?

Not sure about the weight - got a zero error for the ammeter
for the weight I put 480 I think, but that's one of a multitude of answers I have heard..aha
Reply 30
What was the solar panel question?
Reply 31
Anybody got any unofficial mark schemes?
Reply 32
I found physics so hard :/
Reply 33
Original post by SSD07
I found physics so hard :/

what part was the hardest?
Reply 34
Anyone have any idea about how to revise for paper 2s? I have no idea apart from the specimen paper..
Reply 35
is anybody doing double award? nobody seems to be doing it.
i chose to do it, however a few people i've spoken to say only lower sets do double award, and i'm predicted an A/A* so im just confused.
Reply 36
also how do you revise for paper 2? i wish this spec had more past papers
Reply 37
I think it's more interpretation of data and practical skills. I've found questions in the same style as those in the specimen on other AQA past papers and worked through those, as well as learning the practical key words. Its only 17.5% or something AO1 (recall of information) so there isn't that much you can actually 'revise'.
Reply 38
Which topics came up in the first one, we can make a list? I reckon quadrats will come up they seem to love them for whatever reason, they always put stuff on digestive enzymes too, but no promises!
Reply 39
Original post by FergusJVL
Which topics came up in the first one, we can make a list? I reckon quadrats will come up they seem to love them for whatever reason, they always put stuff on digestive enzymes too, but no promises!

Yeah, they always like to put those in analysis questions so I think it's likely to come up on paper 2. Not entirely sure though, not much to go on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending