The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Football at Loughborough

Hi, I have read the FAQ's about sport and saw some comments that football is very competitive. I would be so happy to get into at least the 4ths as i have been playing in the best division in the South East at U18 level.

What kind of standard is each team at (i.e the 1sts, 2nd's, 3rds and 4ths), in terms of previous experience before they started at Loughboroug?

Thanks
Reply 1
In my flat, I have 2 lads who were both at football academies - Bolton and Leyton Orient respectively - for 3-4 years before coming to Uni. Neither made it onto the development squad for University, let alone the top 4 squads.
Similarly a lad on my course played Semi-Pro in Ireland before coming to Uni, he didn't make it on to any of the squads either. Though every hall has one/two teams so if you're good enough you are likely to make it on to that and still get to play regularly in the IMS league; just perhaps not represent Lboro.

The standard is phenomenal mate. Best of luck to you.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Sorry to hijack your post mate. I really want to start playing football. However, I haven't really played much. So I will be pretty crap. Is it still possible for people like me to take part in the football society? Basically, what I'm asking is there a group for sh it players to take part in? Ha. Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Esteta
Sorry to hijack your post mate. I really want to start playing football. However, I haven't really played much. So I will be pretty crap. Is it still possible for people like me to take part in the football society? Basically, what I'm asking is there a group for sh it players to take part in? Ha. Thank you

Hi,

Even if there isn't I run a Christian Football team competing in the North West Leicestershire Football League Division 3. We train 18:30 Wednesday nights, you are more than welcome. Contact me for more info
Reply 4
do I have to be Christian to join?
Reply 5
Original post by Esteta

Depends. All halls have IMS sports teams - 1st and development teams, so even if you don't get in on the Uni teams there's still a chance. Also certain halls (Harry French, Bill Mo, probably more) take part in a 5-a-side tournament with no skill level required, providing you can find 4 friends to join :smile:

There'll be teams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending