The Student Room Group

How often do you say it?

Hey so this question is mostly for guys but girls can answer too. How often do you say i love you to your girlfriends? or girls how often does your boy say this to you?
My guy RARELY ever says this eventhough I feel like saying this to him most of them time. Initially in our relationship he would say it more often but now after being together for 1 and half years, I barely get to hear it. Even though I ask him too sometimes.

So guys how often do you say it?
Reply 1
Well I like saying it, depends on the mood. Bf doesnt say it much.
Reply 2
Well, I like saying it and hearing it :colondollar: Bf doesn't say it much.
Quite a lot, at least a few times a week.. I'm in a ldr though so we miss each other a lot and hence say sweet things! It's also a nice reassurance things are okay :smile:
Reply 4
haha for me it's the opposite, my boyfriend says it often aand I seldom do.. The thing is after 1 year and a half I still feel that "I love you" is special and should be used for special times when I have a burst of tenderness or whatever, I just don't like it being spread around, maybe your boyfriend feels the same way?
Bf says it every morning when he wakes up (if I'm away at uni etc he texts me it) and every night before he goes bed. And every time he calls me. And after sex. And before sex. And any other moment he feels like. He says it a lot. I feel very loved.
Probably about once a month. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Serentonin
Bf says it every morning when he wakes up (if I'm away at uni etc he texts me it) and every night before he goes bed. And every time he calls me. And after sex. And before sex. And any other moment he feels like. He says it a lot. I feel very loved.

More or less the same. We're very soppy. It's great.
Reply 8
I would tell this to my Gf everyday.... If I had one :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
To be honest I just realized I don't say it much either, because I say it only after she says it like "I love you too". Instead I say sweet things which expresses my love more often, I just feel that love is too strong a word and has its own moments of use...does it really matter that much to girls how often you say it?
Reply 10
I say I love you quite frequently on messaging, but in person, not so much, she knows I love her because of the way I act around her, I don't like overusing compliments etc. because then it's not meaningful when it is said.
He tells me every day, several times a day. I am obviously very loved :biggrin:
Long distance, but we say it to each other every day at least once. It's not always the same person who says it to start - it alternates pretty evenly. We didn't used to say it that often though, and didn't say it until we meant it.
I say it quite a lot, I feel I say it too much though sometimes :frown: I'm very loving
I'm not sure how much I said it but I know I made sure she knew, while I was with her, that I loved her through body language.
I only use it in particularly romantic or emotional times. Love is something you show not say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending