The Student Room Group

which uni?

Hi everyone, I am doing my AS levels this summer so will be applying to uni in like October time. I want to do a degree in biology and I wondered if anyone can help? I like the sound of Newcastle, Leeds and Durham as they are all located fairly close to where I live (but far enough away to move out :P) does anyone know if these uni's are any good? and can you reccomend any others? I am thinking of maybe applying to Oxford aswell depending on my grades etc. Any answers will be of great help :smile:
Read the course descriptions for courses at a variety of Universities carefully - no two Biology courses will exactly the same. Look at the detailed descriptions of course options in each of the three years and think about what you would choose - and why.

Think about whether you want 'extras' like a Year Abroad or a work placement. Go to relevant Open Days at all the Unis you are considering. Dont forget to look at courses that are 'like Biology' with unfamiliar names - Zoology, Forensics, Human Biology, Physiology and work areas that 'use' Biology like various Health subjects.

No-one can make this decision for you - what other people think of as 'good' will be based on their interests and needs, not yours.
Reply 2
Thanks for that advice, I have already been to Leeds open day- loved it! Going to newcastle, bangor and oxford open days so will check them out. I know that Leeds so a placement year and most uni's I have looked at do a year abroad. I will continue looking, thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending