The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Application Issue

Hello, I am currently in year 11 in secondary school, taking my final GCSE examinations at the moment. I applied to a grammar school in my local area for sixth form to do A-levels in Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths. They made offers based on the how my current school thinks I perform. The grammar school rejected me purely because of what my current school thinks. However I think that my school is underestimating me too much and I will get higher than what they predict me. For example they predicted that I will get B for Maths and Sciences but I have already got As in my exams in those subjects. If I do well in the final exams, which I am currently working hard for, there is a high chance that
I will get A*. Based on the fact that my school thinks I will get Bs and Cs in my subjects, is there still a chance that the grammar school may take me in if I get A/A*? Surely it matters more what you actually get! I have contacted the school but they said that there are only a limited number of places available and offers have already been made. So they can't remove the places of students that have already been offered. Any ideas? :confused:
By the sounds of it, the only way you will get into the grammar school is if one or more of the people who have offers dont get the grades.
Have you applied to anywhere else (e.g. other 6th forms)?
Reply 2
Yes I have and they have offered me a place there but the grammar school is really my first choice so I will have to work hard and keep my hopes high.
Reply 3
Original post by champion1
Yes I have and they have offered me a place there but the grammar school is really my first choice so I will have to work hard and keep my hopes high.

On results day, after you get your results try and call them up
Reply 4
Does your school have a sixth form? If so it sounds like your school want to keep you. It would be really unfair though if they didn't let you in with those grades.
The likelihood is that the grammar school will have places left for you and if you do get those A*s A grades then grammar schools will want you! Grammar schools have ways of cuttin corners for students especially the students they want so just get those grades!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending