The Student Room Group

CCEA a2 geography summer 2013

Could anyone tell me which case studies/part c questions came up for the physical paper in January 2013? cant find it out anywhere? please help! :smile:
Reply 1
Hello are you doing the A22 decision making paper? this paper only is asked in the summer time!
Reply 2
Original post by Kellis
Could anyone tell me which case studies/part c questions came up for the physical paper in January 2013? cant find it out anywhere? please help! :smile:

For fluvial/ coastal environments:

Regional Case study on a River Basin and its management eg Colorado USA

Case Study on Coastal Protection eg Holderness

For Dynamic Earth:

Case study of a Volcanic Event and its management eg Pinatubo, Philippines

Case study of 2 Earthquake events (LEDC/MEDC) and their management eg Kobe, Japan and Gujarat, India

I can't help you for ecosystems as I don't do it! :smile:
Reply 3
Danny you doing this exam next week?
Reply 4
Original post by aqagcse2011
Danny you doing this exam next week?

Unfortunately, yes. Pretty drained of motivation after doing A21 on Tuesday though. Ahhhh!

I say they'll mix things up a bit and one of the [15]'s will be a theory essay, not a typical case study.

You all set?
Reply 5
aw how did the A21 go then :smile:?

You reckon, what other predictions ye reckon for the exam?
Reply 6
A21 was actually alright. LA came up for air pollution which was a dream and china came up for the 4th year in a row!

There was maybe too much of a focus on resource based questions which threw people off time wise, but I was able to get it done and to a good standard (hopefully!)

I assume you did it in January? If so how did that go UMS wise?

Predictions.. it's harder to predict this paper as there has only ever been three of them. I'll have to think about it! :smile:
Reply 7
Aw not so bad then id say you did brilliant like! i did population, sustainable developments and tourism for mines and got 90. Was really happy :smile:
Reply 8
Aw not so bad then id say you did brilliant like! i did population, sustainable developments and tourism for mines and got 90. Was really happy :smile:

Wow that's amazing! Well done! I'd kill to get 90UMS :O

Did you get any raw mark back also? Just looking to see what the boundaries are like. Did you come out of the exam being like... "yeah 100%" or..,. "I could have written a bit more" ?

Congrats again!
Reply 9
Thanks for that nope i didnt get any raw marks just got UMS marks. Emm yeah i defo could have written a lot more but everyone i knew found the test difficult so then i realised that they probably lowered the grade boundaries for that particular exam! im dreading this exam but, do u think a coastal landform/volcanic landform will come up this year?
Thanks for that nope i didnt get any raw marks just got UMS marks. Emm yeah i defo could have written a lot more but everyone i knew found the test difficult so then i realised that they probably lowered the grade boundaries for that particular exam! im dreading this exam but, do u think a coastal landform/volcanic landform will come up this year?

I think they might go for a spit or something along those lines? The arch/stack/stump sequence is almost too easy so I don't see them asking that again. I also feel a [15] on demands on rivers/coasts... it's just so hard to predict.

For Dynamic, one of the questions will probably have a question on diagram of boundary + features and the other will be a typical [6], [9] resource, [15] case study.

I'll be rooting for you to get 90/110 at least for that A* anyways! :biggrin:
Goodluck to you as well in the exam :smile: what other subjects do u do?
Reply 12
Hey guys I'm guessing you're all doing the exam on Tuesday?
I'm learning the Colorado case study but the notes we were given are pretty poor and fail to fit the bill for the spec. If you's had the time could you give me a hand? Starting to brick myself haha
Goodluck to you as well in the exam :smile: what other subjects do u do?

Physics and Maths :frown:

Repeating CCEA Physics A21 on Monday also... :frown:
How did your exam go did yous have any revision classes or anything for geog today :smile:
Just seen my first A2 paper today and nearly had a nervous breakdown. I have no idea how the HELL I am going to do well in this paper, it is basically all essay and I am awful at essays. And you only get an hour and a half to do the paper!!
I have started my revision for the papers but I feel like after all this time that I still can't answer the questions. HELP, how can I do well in this paper? And how can I prepare myself EARLY to do well?

I don't think the stuff in the textbook is ANYWHERE NEAR what you need to know, not anywhere near it. I feel like if I revised just the textbook that I would fail miserably. Today I attempted to answer a simple 6 market question on Aids and there was not enough detail in the textbook.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending