The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan Problem

Hi guys,

I've applied for student finance (I'm in the lowest income bracket - under 25k) and it's saying the maintenance loan I'll get is £3,073, shouldn't it be £3,823?

It's even detailing when I'd receive the individual payments so I'm worrying that they're not even going to check it?

Thanks for any help
Reply 1
Is that just the loan, and the rest is a grant so it's listed somewhere else? Don't really know, sorry :s-smilie:
It will be that low due to you receiving the highest maintenance Grant (same with me). You're Grant should be roughly £3,500 (around that region).
Reply 3
Does the maintenance show up? Because on mine it only says the loan. On top of this, I was never asked for any evidence?
Reply 4
Original post by Himynameskiefer
It will be that low due to you receiving the highest maintenance Grant (same with me). You're Grant should be roughly £3,500 (around that region).

I am getting the highest grant as well yes but from what I've seen I should still he getting 3823 loan with that?
Reply 5
Isn't the lowest bracket <£18000?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megzx13
Does the maintenance show up? Because on mine it only says the loan. On top of this, I was never asked for any evidence?

If they never asked for any evidence then you've probably clicked something to say you don't want it based on income or your family refuses to say/hell in which case you get no grant, or you've clicked to say your family earns over £62k in which case you don't get a grant at all.
Original post by Squirb
Isn't the lowest bracket <£18000?

Posted from TSR Mobile

noo, under 25k.

Most unis have their own bursary system which is extra to what student finance give you. I thought most based that on brackets such as under 25k and 25-40k etc. But perhaps the uni you looked at had an extra bursary for under 18k families?
how long di dit take for you to find out about your grants and, do you think i will find out about mine before my uni course starts which is june 3rd i posted special recorded 3 days ao
Reply 9
Original post by anony.mouse
If they never asked for any evidence then you've probably clicked something to say you don't want it based on income or your family refuses to say/hell in which case you get no grant, or you've clicked to say your family earns over £62k in which case you don't get a grant at all.

Thanks for the reply :smile: I rang Student Finance up and apparently I am being income assessed but there was an issue with connecting my parents accounts to mine so I've got to send in a paper form.
Original post by Stevo F
I am getting the highest grant as well yes but from what I've seen I should still he getting 3823 loan with that?

Did you state that you're moving out or living at home? Also, did you choose to be means tested (send in evidence), or just to receive whatever they give you?
Reply 11
Original post by Himynameskiefer
Did you state that you're moving out or living at home? Also, did you choose to be means tested (send in evidence), or just to receive whatever they give you?

I put that I'm living away and I did ask to be means tested - I wouldnt have been offered the grant otherwise...

The cut off for the grant is arond £42k.
Reply 13
noo, under 25k.

Most unis have their own bursary system which is extra to what student finance give you. I thought most based that on brackets such as under 25k and 25-40k etc. But perhaps the uni you looked at had an extra bursary for under 18k families?

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with either that, or the fact that I'm with student finance Wales :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OU Student
The cut off for the grant is arond £42k.

I was getting mixed up, it is 62k for the loans, but 40k for the grants according to portsmouth uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending