The Student Room Group

DT3 Design Exam WJEC

Im sitting the product design exam with WJEC and i have no idea what to revise. Our teacher has gave us a checklist but its very vague. Do we just learn definitions, advantages and disadvantages of everything then properties of materials. Any revision material or help would be very helpful thank you.
Reply 1
I'm sitting the same exam. I've been told that every year in section C there's always a question on a named designer and how they have influenced design eg. Dyson etc. there's also always a question on characteristics and properties of materials. Just check up on like market research, product life cycles, entrepreneurs, patents. Also look up on previous exams from like 2006 onwards, because a majority of questions ate going to be repeated. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by AmyFord3
Im sitting the product design exam with WJEC and i have no idea what to revise. Our teacher has gave us a checklist but its very vague. Do we just learn definitions, advantages and disadvantages of everything then properties of materials. Any revision material or help would be very helpful thank you.

How did you find the exam?
Reply 3
Original post by lois.v
How did you find the exam?

sorry for the late reply, i thought it went quite well. how did you find section c? i thought the questions could have been easier, but ive hopefully done well! how have you done?
Reply 4
I thought it went really well, I just extended loads and talked about everything product designy even if it wasnt relevant. Fingers crossed for results day 🙏
Reply 5
Original post by lois.v
I thought it went really well, I just extended loads and talked about everything product designy even if it wasnt relevant. Fingers crossed for results day ������

yeah same, just made myself seem like i knew what i was talking about! good luck for results day :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending