The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Is choosing Manchester over Edinburgh a bad idea?

Poll

Is choosing Manchester over Edinburgh a bad idea?

Manchester is one of the top 50 universities in the world for engineering and it's well known for life science and engineering. Edinburgh on the other hand is more prestigious and ranked higher than Manchester.

Regarding cities, Manchester is closer to london where most of the interesting things happen. Edinburgh is far and feels isolated but the city is unbelievably beautiful.

I should note that I'm running online startup and that's why being closer to london is kind of important to me. However, Edinburgh has always been a dream to me and I finally had an offer which I'm hesitating to reject. Should I choose Edinburgh or Manchester?
Reply 1
Edinburgh any day of the week
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
There might be lots of "interesting things happening" in Edinburgh after a certain vote in 2014.
Original post by x945
I should note that I'm running online startup and that's why being closer to london is kind of important to me. However, Edinburgh has always been a dream to me and I finally had an offer which I'm hesitating to reject. Should I choose Edinburgh or Manchester?

If London really does matter then Manchester or Edinburgh are surely both as bad as each other. However, I would note that if you're online, you don't *need* to be anywhere, except somewhere with internet access. Likewise, Edinburgh is home to companies like Skyscanner, Wolfson, etc. Hardly barren in terms of start ups and tech companies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending