The Student Room Group

The islamic infiltration of the United Kingdom

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harith117
True muslims dont behave like that... theyve lost their mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

No true Scotsman eh? :rolleyes:
Original post by Barksy
Ask yourself why it keeps getting discussed. Islam is not something you should be hasty about sweeping under the carpet.

YES! Why do the liberals never wonder why no one is worried about Hinduism or Sikhism, or this country becoming dominated by either of those religions?
Original post by DK_Tipp
Being Irish I can relate to that analogy... My point is that if you want to shut this sort of thing down you have to consider what the UK government can do to combat extremism. I'm not a British citizen (although I do live in the UK currently) so I'm not going to give a lecture on how I think you should do that but I think it should be two pronged- clamp down on Islamic leaders who stir up anti-UK sentiment and clamp down on organisations like the EDL who want to create anti-Islam racial tensions driving young men in to the hands of those radical leaders.

The EDL have been around for about 4 years - radicalisation of Muslims in this country has been going on a lot longer. They're not the problem, they were founded in response to the problem.
Original post by RainbowShifter
Most of you guys are making stereotypes based on what you have seen from a small group of that type of person. Most of them are very nice people, its just the extremists that people actually pay any attention to.

Have you tried being gay in a Muslim ghetto?
Original post by momo26396
Yes we should sweep Islam under the carpet. The only reason this religion is discussed is because of its association with terrorism and Islam is most certainly not a religion that advocates terrorism. Perhaps it would be more sensible to 'sweep' terrorism under the carpet as opposed to Islam as it is only a pocket of stupid individuals who commit acts of terrorism and not the entirety of Islam.

Yeah, it must just be a coincidence that most Islamic countries are either violent hellholes, or prosperous on the surface but retain barbaric 7th century religious laws. I can think of a couple of exceptions, but on the whole, Islam is responsible for most bloodshed in the world today.
Original post by L i b
There are just as many scumbags in Britain who hate this country and are white as there are Muslim immigrants who feel that way.

I'm white, my family have been in this country since the Norman conquest and even I don't respect the 'way of life' of a great many British people. Where should I bugger off to?

If you had found yourself in Nazi Germany in the 1930s, or Soviet Russia under Stalin, would you have felt a duty to "respect" their laws?

Really? Where? If you're referring to white racist groups they tend to love, in their own twisted way, not hate this country(or were you referring to white Islamists like Richard Dart?). Even if you were right, where's the logic in basically saying 'well, we've got plenty of homegrown scumbags, let's bring a couple of million more in from poverty stricken theocracies'. As for comparing this country to Nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia, that has to be a joke. If anything the law and police of England have been way TOO damn tolerant of religious nutters.
Original post by Farid Jalil
From what i saw in the video, they are not normal Muslim people and its sad that these people get all the attention.

They wouldn't be getting any attention if they were deported or locked up(and segregated from all other prisoners).
Original post by FireScirocco1
I like these people. British law needs to be challenged.

Particularly when it comes to family law.

'Challenged' in what way? Should Muslims be untouchable(they virtually are now to be fair) by the law?
Reply 68
Original post by Ray Barone
The EDL have been around for about 4 years - radicalisation of Muslims in this country has been going on a lot longer. They're not the problem, they were founded in response to the problem.

Xenophobia contributes to the problem. Just because the EDL don't predate radical Islam doesn't mean they don't fuel it. Now I don't know how big an influence the EDL really are but you have to admit they're aggression is fantastic propaganda for fundamentalists recruiting to their cause.

You have to understand how radicals, revolutionaries and terrorists of all creeds, hues and convictions operate. They work to provoke a broad reaction from their target against vulnerable people, usually by doing something despicable themselves and then use the division that creates to their own gain.

The people of the UK need to think carefully about their reaction to radical Islam and the response should be calculated and specific. Not a sweeping attack.
Thats just british born pakistanis for you
Reply 70
Yeah, it must just be a coincidence that most Islamic countries are either violent hellholes, or prosperous on the surface but retain barbaric 7th century religious laws. I can think of a couple of exceptions, but on the whole, Islam is responsible for most bloodshed in the world today.

I love how you dismiss the killing of thousands of Iraqi women and children by British and American troops that stopped just a few years ago. And as you're rather keen on your sense of history of '7th century laws' perhaps you should note the total wipeout of the native Aboriginee population of Australia by Britain throughout the 20th century and the brutual massacre of thousands of Indian men in Amritsar by British troops in 1920.

Don't you dare claim that the religion of peace advocates terrorism.

**Not a muslim**
'Challenged' in what way? Should Muslims be untouchable(they virtually are now to be fair) by the law?

I mean that the laws in the UK are so anti-male and anti-family that they need to be challenged.
Reply 72
Really? Where? If you're referring to white racist groups they tend to love, in their own twisted way, not hate this country(or were you referring to white Islamists like Richard Dart?).

IRA types, Scottish nationalists etc.
Anyone got a link to the full documentary? Looks quite interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending