The Student Room Group

BUSS1 May 20th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I did a mock using an exam structure that I stole from a kind girl in an Economics thread; it goes like this..

Point/quote from source
definition
this is because
this means that
therefore
however
therefore
this means that
Original post by LewisRichardson
Here's the january QP/MS.

Legend!
Reply 23

Original post by CoolStoryBroo
Legend!

Wow, that looks the most straightforward out of all the past-papers.
Reply 24
Original post by Tarmu
Wow, that looks the most straightforward out of all the past-papers.

meaning that the one tomorrow might not be... D:
Reply 25
Original post by ddaappoo
meaning that the one tomorrow might not be... D:

Probably :frown:
do you guys think break even will come up?
Original post by coolgirl1999
do you guys think break even will come up?

Even if it did, it'd be quite nice as they're straight forward. Sometimes it also means more marks for working out a calculation and amending a graph than explanation questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ddaappoo
seems like we're all retaking :')
remember that the first section is 20 marks, full of definitions and equations to work out.
the rest of the 40 marks is just explanation and evaluation questions. i worked out that on average, you need about 40 marks for an A so if i were you, i'd try and get at least 18/20 on section a so you dont have to get reeeeally good in section b...

Yea if you get 20/20 on the first section it should be wasier to get an A. I am doing it for the first and hopefully last time. I have learnt everything today im going to go over everything and make sure I know it all inside out. Then do ppq after ppq.
I hope the first question is full of defintions and calculations I hate those stupid questions with the essays.
Reply 30
Original post by Frostyjoe
Yea if you get 20/20 on the first section it should be wasier to get an A. I am doing it for the first and hopefully last time. I have learnt everything today im going to go over everything and make sure I know it all inside out. Then do ppq after ppq.

that's the best idea :smile: somebody posted the jan 2013 paper earlier so have a look at that too
Eek that has loads of writting. :frown: pray to god ours doesnt.
Reply 32
Budgets might come up and also break even
Reply 33
I hope the first question is full of defintions and calculations I hate those stupid questions with the essays.

Yeah because you cant guarantee full marks with explanations
Reply 34
What is the best way to evaluate for buss1? What can you constantly refer to expect that the business is a start up
Original post by iggyDash
Yeah because you cant guarantee full marks with explanations

Exactly and its easier to do good with the calculations.
Reply 36

Cheers! I've been looking everywhere for those! Couldn't find them on the AQA website :frown:
To the 2nd year people doing this, if you were to get full UMS on this, how many do you need in BUSS4 to get an A/B? I think it'd be something like 60/100 for an A (for me) which would be decent.
What do you need for an A at as level it doesnt tell you it just says what you need in the individual bits.
What do you need for an A at as level it doesnt tell you it just says what you need in the individual bits.

I'm hoping I'm right here:
160/200 for an A at AS
320/400 for an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending