The Student Room Group

Anyone here moved to Grammar in NI?

Looking to move from High School to Grammar next year for my A Levels and wanted to know if anyone on this site is from NI and has moved schools
No-one? Ok haha
Reply 2
Hello! I'm from NI and I did the dickson plan at 14 (move from junior high to grammar). I'm not sure what your question is but if you want to know if it's better or not then I would say that it definitely is. I love my current school and hope to get back for A-level in September. I find that the teachers are much more helpful and all the students actually want to learn! (In my previous school I was in a class where a lot of people messed around and didn't want to learn which was annoying :angry: ) Also the good thing is grammar schools accept pupils for sixth form by the points system and not by 'loyalty' as some people think. So everyone has an equal chance :biggrin:

This is just my opinion but all my friends that go to my school would say the same, so you just definitely move if you get the chance :biggrin:
Original post by Zango11
Hello! I'm from NI and I did the dickson plan at 14 (move from junior high to grammar). I'm not sure what your question is but if you want to know if it's better or not then I would say that it definitely is. I love my current school and hope to get back for A-level in September. I find that the teachers are much more helpful and all the students actually want to learn! (In my previous school I was in a class where a lot of people messed around and didn't want to learn which was annoying :angry: ) Also the good thing is grammar schools accept pupils for sixth form by the points system and not by 'loyalty' as some people think. So everyone has an equal chance :biggrin:

This is just my opinion but all my friends that go to my school would say the same, so you just definitely move if you get the chance :biggrin:

Yea I'm looking to move this year for my A Levels, was just looking to know just how easy it is to fit in (especially with the massive increase in workload:|)...also, I'm looking at about 21 points but I'm worried about getting in haha.

Wish I moved at 14 before my GCSEs but as long as I go to a grammar school for my A Levels it's all gravy, baby:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Frank the Tankk
Yea I'm looking to move this year for my A Levels, was just looking to know just how easy it is to fit in (especially with the massive increase in workload:|)...also, I'm looking at about 21 points but I'm worried about getting in haha.

Wish I moved at 14 before my GCSEs but as long as I go to a grammar school for my A Levels it's all gravy, baby:smile:

I have a friend in year 13 who just moved to our school for A-level and she made friends pretty quickly (even with me even though I'm a year younger :tee: ) and says she loves it here but the work load is a step up from GCSE :frown: If you get 21 points you should get in no problem! Last year in our school it was 15 to get in but this year is predicted higher :frown: How many GCSE's have you done so far? :smile:
Original post by Zango11
I have a friend in year 13 who just moved to our school for A-level and she made friends pretty quickly (even with me even though I'm a year younger :tee: ) and says she loves it here but the work load is a step up from GCSE :frown: If you get 21 points you should get in no problem! Last year in our school it was 15 to get in but this year is predicted higher :frown: How many GCSE's have you done so far? :smile:

Yea I've been told I should be sweet, I also play rugby so it helps for the school I'm applying to (you could probably guess what schools from that lol). Just done core science last year and got an A (was 10 ums of an A*, bit ragin' didn't revise enough last year:frown: )

Wish I went with the Dickson Plan and went to junior high when I moved home from Scotland:|
Reply 6
Original post by Frank the Tankk
Yea I've been told I should be sweet, I also play rugby so it helps for the school I'm applying to (you could probably guess what schools from that lol). Just done core science last year and got an A (was 10 ums of an A*, bit ragin' didn't revise enough last year:frown: )

Wish I went with the Dickson Plan and went to junior high when I moved home from Scotland:|

Ah I see :smile: My school is pretty bad at rugby :rolleyes: but better at hockey..

That's a great grade! :biggrin: well done! haha, well at least you'll get to go this year by the sounds of things :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending