The Student Room Group

Questions

Ok, I've got quite a few so please bear with me.

Firstly, I've done 2 weeks voluntary work at 2 seperate hospitals, should this be enough? I can't actually squeeze anmore in until I've actually sent off my UCAS form, but would it worth be doing some more to talk about at any (fingers crossed) interviews?

As for voluntary work I'm doing a 7 week conservation expedition with a charity, I've done a few cake stall and I'm hoping to work in my local hospitals cafe over X-mas, is this enough? Should I write about planned voluntary work, or only what I've actually done?

I'm applying for the 6 year a104 course as I don't have the right A-levels (art, english lit and biology). Is it better to play it and say I only got interested in edicine recently, or say that it was always my plan to do these A-levels and the 6 year course because I wanted to keep doing english lit and art but also go for medicie?

I'm currently in year 13 and I'm doing a foundation art course (along with AS english language because I need an AS too-argh) as a kind of gap year, is it worth mentioning this or not, because I don't want it to sound as though I'd rather do art?

Also, does anyone know the difference between the Keele foundation course (B900) and the other medicine courses- A104? Is it still only possible to apply to 4 unis, even though it's only foundation medicine?

Is the biomedical science an ok degree ie can you get jobs at the end of it? How different is it from medicine?

Many thanks :smile: Cheers, XXXRhi
Reply 1
Voluntary work & WE is quality over quantity, but more importantly what YOU've gotten out of it, and how it has affected you with regards to medicine.

Be honest why you want to do medicine - anything else will sound phony.

AFAIK foundation courses are also limited to 4 on the UCAS form.
Reply 2
Thales
Voluntary work & WE is quality over quantity, but more importantly what YOU've gotten out of it, and how it has affected you with regards to medicine.
And more importantly, how it's written!
Reply 3
I did get loads out of it and could ramble on forever and I'm planning on writing it up as well as I can. I just hope quantity doesn't let me down.

Damn it, I thought they would be limited to four too, but it was worth a try. I wonder if the medicine with a healthcare foundation year is too *ponders*. Cheers guys :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending