The Student Room Group

What now?

Well I have definitely failed my English literature exam. I know, "wait until results day", etc. But I am 99% sure I failed because I forgot to write about language in one of my answers due to just being nervous.

Anyway, I am planning ahead and I am wondering what I could do if I fail English lit? I am only doing 3 ASes. I don't want to stay at college 3 years and UEA (the uni I want to go to) wants ABB. I did politics today and that went ok - been getting As in my mocks. And history (the subject I wish to study at uni) I am on track getting Bs. However, English could result in a D or even a E. That would leave me with BBE. No way is UEA going to accept me with that. So instead of redoing English, I was going to do A level music in a year. My guitar teacher could teach me and I could sit the exams at college. Good idea?

NB: Would UEA give me an offer if I was predicted ABB (with the B not being final - i.e. not having an AS at B but just predicting myself that?)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Phil Dunphy
Well I have definitely failed my English literature exam. I know, "wait until results day", etc. But I am 99% sure I failed because I forgot to write about language in one of my answers due to just being nervous.

Anyway, I am planning ahead and I am wondering what I could do if I fail English lit? I am only doing 3 ASes. I don't want to stay at college 3 years and UEA (the uni I want to go to) wants ABB. I did politics today and that went ok - been getting As in my mocks. And history (the subject I wish to study at uni) I am on track getting Bs. However, English could result in a D or even a E. That would leave me with BBE. No way is UEA going to accept me with that. So instead of redoing English, I was going to do A level music in a year. My guitar teacher could teach me and I could sit the exams at college. Good idea?

NB: Would UEA give me an offer if I was predicted ABB (with the B not being final - i.e. not having an AS at B but just predicting myself that?)

There's nothing wrong in taking 3 years to complete your A levels. People make mistakes, it's ok, and there's no rush in life to do everything at the same time as everyone else.

What course are you wanting to do at UEA?

Do you really think you can do a full A level in one year and get the grade you need? If you can, then great, but be honest with yourself. Are you panicking because you want to go the university with your friends? There are advantages to taking 3 years, it may show that you were mature enough to make that decision, and you'll be older and wiser when you finally do go to university.

UEA may still make you an offer, but I think they'd want that predicted grade from your teacher in your reference rather than from you (they may take it more seriously).

If you think you can do it, then go for it :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest