The Student Room Group

Strangest thing that has happened in an exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 81
I went to a comprehensive, which wasn't the best of schools in all honesty. Anyway we had a two hour English exam, and during the last 15 mins everyone just started talking. Like literally having conversations with each other and shouting across the room. Most people didn't care about the exam and were getting annoyed having to wait so long to finish seeing as the barely attempted to answers the questions. The invigilators tried stopping everyone but it took at least 5 mins to quieten everybody down.
Not too strange but in my most recent exam the invigilator fell asleep and was snoring rather loudly! And also the invigilators play pac man up and down the isles and also play stand next to the virgin...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Someone was caught with notes - cheating - so this teacher snatched his exam paper off him, tried to rip it up, kept trying for about a minute but still wasn't strong enough, realised everyone was watching, gave up and threw it in the bin instead.
It did not happen to me, and is not strange per se but was quite weird.

This was during chemistry dual GCSE where pretty much the entire year was crammed into the hall, the triple scientists (including me) would remain after this exam for the further chemistry paper. So, by coincidence, one of my mates is sat next to me in the exam so I make a mental note not to look his way at all and we would most likely end up grinning (or crying depending on the paper) to each other. So at the end of the exam the invigilators come to collect the scripts and I see an invigilator frown at my friend's paper. Confused I also look at the front of it to see a large, fairly well drawn, clown with a speech bubble; within which was written:

'I know I suck at chemistry so I drew this picture so you might give me extra marks :smile:'
Reply 85
We had an exam where a phone went off and our head of year stopped us all demanding to know who's phone it was- no one owned up and we got a lecture for half an hour after the exam which was 2.5 hours anyways :frown: we all found out afterwards that it was one of the teachers phones and he'd just left the room when it rang without telling anyone!
Reply 86
For an AS Sociology exam at school, some student walked into the exam hall 15 minutes early, saw that the papers were all laid out but no one else was there...Needless to say, that entire year performed better for sociology then expected that year!

For an IGCSE English exam we had two invigilators in a small room, one of whom was our own incredibly lax English teacher. When the other examiner left the room the whole class began exchanging answers and ideas, but our English teacher quickly gained everyone's attention and said,"Guys, try to keep it down so nobody outside hears". I didn't manage to gain anything useful within that opportune 5 minutes :emo:.

Not nearly as interesting, but in an AS Biology exam a student close to me started cheating off her bright pink blackberry :doh:. She wasn't caught, but with that level of stupid I don't even...
An envigilator sat on a chair. His large weight caused the legs to break and it collapsed beneath him. Made my RE exam worth while.
Reply 88
Someone's phone went off.

That's it.
In a GCSE exam a kid ripped up his paper about 30 minutes into a 2 hour exam, sat there for the rest of the time then just casually handed in the ripped up exam at the end.

Another kid wanted a couple of minutes extra to quickly finish what he was writing but the invigilator was trying to snatch the paper off him. The kid was trying to bribe her with kisses and stuff. It was funny to watch as the invigilator turned red and acted embarressed :biggrin:
Reply 90
Well.. I've only sat 7 papers before, but my first one was a little weird.

The exams officer finished the paper a minute early by mistake, started to collect in papers and then realised he got it wrong, redistributed the paper and gave us all an extra minute!
Original post by SyedaK
I can't remember if it was a mock exam or a real Math's exam but half of the paper was missing, so we had to wait at least twenty minutes for all the even number pages to be photocopied. It felt like we sat in the main hall for 3 hours

Ahaha not even the worst thing:

GCSE Geography: "You may start now..."

> Open paper, first question: Map skills
> Me: Whaaaaa-?? Well, this is new...
*Tries solving question...
> Ten minutes later: "Erm, everyone close your papers... we gave you the wrong one"
**Laughter erupts throughout hall**

After ages in silence, they let us out to the playground to do whatever. A good while goes by (more than an hour at least) and it turned out that whilst the board had then emailed the correct exam over, the school ran out of paper... D'oh!

So yeah, that was at least an hour and a half of fun waiting if not, but eh at least we got let out aha!!

That was my only "flop" in Geography loool (C) - apparently special considerations didn't help much X'D
Reply 92
For GCSEs our year group had the weird idea of pretending the invidulators were playing pacman.. So you would spend parts of the exam watching which route they would take. Idk I never understood it fully. Lol

Anyhow, as an epileptic I was put in a room by myself with a teacher for my A-Levels. I had a fit and the teacher pulled out a packet of hobnobs and asked if I would like one to feel better! Not funny but thought it was cute.

in my GCSE history I had keyhole surgery the day before, and my stitches in my belly button spilt when I sneezed and there was blood everywhere... I still had to finish the exam!
Not exactly strange,but a surreal experience for me... during GCSEs, I pretty much always ended up sat behind my twin brother. During our Maths paper he decided to hum "the wheels on the bus" continuously for the whole thing.. no-one else could hear it except me!
Reply 94
Whenever I was doing my 11+ exam, the invigilator's phone kept going off and she didn't know how to turn it off...
A boy in my year (gcse) was told that he was allowed extra time and rest breaks and used them but then the invigilator took the psych at him in the middle of his exam series. She told him he was going to be disqualified for the whole series but then she found out that there was a misprint in the extra time list so the boy didn't get in trouble! :L
A friend of mine ended up knocking over her water which not only soaked her entire exam paper but somehow most of the person next to hers as well.

In a similar incident a part of a boy's table flew off and knocked the girl next to him in the head. Everyone laughed.

Not weird but a boy who had given up further maths the week before still came to the exam drew all over his exam paper and then played hangman with the invigilator.
Reply 96
I looked up from my test paper to see half the people in the hall with their hands up. Turns out the invigilators forgot to give them their test papers.
Phones going off, someone coughed and everyone in the exam hall started coughing, the basics really, nothing that interesting.
In a german writing exam, the one where you you just memorise what you've already done, a boy behind me took out a whole a4 sheet of writing incredibly loudly, tucked it under his answer booklet...and then called the invigilator over to make sure he answered in the correct section-with his a4 page still on his desk
I considered telling on him, but instead spent way too long in that exam wondering about the size of his balls no lie :colondollar:
Reply 99
Original post by YaYazooGirl
One girl in my form class thought that it would be funny if she yelled out something during the end of year exam, so she yelled out "I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE!" and we all burst out laughing. She proceeded to get up and start dancing.

It wasn't that strange, but just a bit random.

haha did she get away with it ? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest