The Student Room Group

When do you start applying for Finance?

Loans, grants etc.
I will be going to Uni in September 2014. Is application, finance and accommodation the correct order?
Yes this is correct - you wont be able to sort out your finance until you know roughly which uni's you're going to ( I.e. have an offer that you accept as firm / insurance etc ).

Make sure you get your student finance done nice and early though - because SFE is, in a word, useless.

Start looking for accomodation nice and early to make sure that when it comes to applying you know where all the best deals are.

After your results day you can start talking to banks about student accounts ( these are NOT the same as Student Finance ) who can potentially offer you thinks like overdrafts for emergency cash.
Reply 2
The deadline for student finance is the end of this month. Well, in theory you can apply at time; but to get your money on time, you have to apply by 31st May.
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
The deadline for student finance is the end of this month. Well, in theory you can apply at time; but to get your money on time, you have to apply by 31st May.

Not for the OP
Reply 4
Original post by TenOfThem
Not for the OP

oops, I thought they said 2013.:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending