The Student Room Group

Ex girlfriend doing my head in

Me and my ex are friends these days. My current girlfriend is fine with it so no issues there.

My ex went was going on a date last night and she was really nervous. I was being encouraging towards her, we text a fair bit, just to stop her worrying. She went short with me and stopped replying. I text her just before her date to say hope it goes well etc, let me know how it goes - just being a mate to her. She ignored it. I then text her this morning asking if it was all okay. She ignored it.

She's seen them - we use Whatsapp, but it's doing my head in if she's being so flaky that a new guy comes along a supposed mate she'll just drop?

Dunno whether to just not bother, or simply send on last text in the form of... '?'.

Opinions?
Reply 1
Fairly common issue, and one that I experienced recently. You'll only get peace of mind if you stop texting completely and just focus on your new girlfriend, which is great if you've found someone already.

I know it seems a bit mean but you'll feel a lot better.
Reply 2
So leave it then, yeah? Yesterday it's all "I'm so nervous, don't know what to do...." today it's "I couldn't give a toss about the lad who was helping me out". Decent mate.
Reply 3
To be honest mate, your priority should be your current girlfriend. Stop caring so much about what your ex thinks of you otherwise this will all end in tears and a few kicks to the testicles.
Reply 4
Oh my girlfriend is cool with it, that's the thing. She knows that me and my ex are close, but she knows nothing will ever happen again, because neither of us feel that way towards each other anymore. We work better as friends. Even she thinks it's a bit weird my ex is just blanking me.
Reply 5
I would let it go if its just this one incident. If it carrier on however and she seems totally uninterested as soon as she has a love interest I would forget about her as a friend. Ex or not a friend is supposed to be a friend not distraction when you have no one else.

I do wonder though since you described her as your ex not your friend so are you sure the relationship is completely fine and platonic anyway.
Reply 6
Maybe she thought you were texting too much and that you like her still and it made her feel uncomfortable?
If any friend just blanks you though, they don't seem worth it. You can't make her start talking to you again so just leave it, no point bugging her about it. If she talks again then fine, but if she doesn't then there's not a lot you can do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending