The Student Room Group

Does this girl have a problem with me or is it in my head?

My boyfriend is good friends with a couple, a boy and a girl, and is especially very close with the guy. They all live quite close, and I live quite far away.
I only really properly met them when I started going out with him (1 year ago) and I have seen the guy once since, but not the girl.
When I first got with my boyfriend, the couple were really happy for us. We all met up and the girl was saying how nice we are together, and I added her on facebook, and she was liking my pictures and stuff. She invited me and my boyfriend to her place another time, but we could not make it sadly. I talked to her on facebook a bit and she was generally really friendly.
However, since then, she seems to completely ignore me, and I have no idea what I am supposed to have done. My boyfriend came to stay near me to do a work placement for a few months, so he did not see them at all at this time. Her boyfriend commented on a photo of us, so I struck up a friendly conversation with him, and we exchanged a couple of messages; just very general stuff, about work, talking about my boyfriend, asking how his girlfriend was, and that is all, and then it stopped after a couple of messages.
When my boyfriend was due to leave, I thought it would be a cool idea to organise a kind of welcome back party for him (as I was going to stay with him as well at first) so I sent the girl a message asking what she thought, if it seemed a good idea, etc. But I never heard back from her, and have still never had any kind of response, and this was months ago. I know she saw the message because of the ´seen´ feature on facebook.
She no longer likes or comments on my pictures like she used to either. I could say she is busy but she is on facebook quite a lot, always commenting on stuff, uploading pictures etc.
When I went to stay with him when he first went back, they knew I was there, and my boyfriend suggested all doing something, but they never proposed anything. Then, after I left, they invited him to theirs.
I have been there a few times, and they must know every time I am there (my boyfriend sees the guy every day so he obviously finds out through that) but I have never been invited or they have never asked to see me.
One day they were both free, and then my boyfriend was supposed to be told what time we should go and see them, but we never heard. Then, his friend claimed he did not know I was here, but I did not believe this.
I have seen the male friend since, as I have mentioned, and he is very nice and friendly to me. I do not think it is him, but I feel like the girl has a problem with me.
My boyfriend has even said she can be very bitchy and a nasty person, and apparently she even admits it herself. I just do not understand why she seems to ignore me now, I literally did nothing at all to her or to him. Does it sound like she has a problem, or am I just being paranoid? just find it rude they could not even make the effort to meet for 1 hour, after all of the times I have been there.
Ask her.
Reply 2
Would like to but I'm sure she could just deny it, and then I'll just look daft and cause problems. Maybe I could confide in my boyfriend.. I did make a hint to him; saying it's a shame I never see them despite visiting him often, and I even tried to propose that we all go out. Maybe he knows it, but doesn't wanna upset me.
It could be that she doesn't want you talking to her boyfriend on Facebook or it could be pure jealousy ...

Women are really hard to figure out lol :biggrin:

Good Luck :cool:
Reply 4
Ask her boyfriend!
Reply 5
Original post by Tha Realest
It could be that she doesn't want you talking to her boyfriend on Facebook or it could be pure jealousy ...

Women are really hard to figure out lol :biggrin:

Good Luck :cool:

Thanks :smile: I highly doubt she would be jealous of me; she is a very attractive girl (and everyone says this) and seems to have lots of friends. If she does not want me to speak to him, that is fine, but I do not have any kind of regular conversation with him, I was merely just trying to be friendly, and she is good friends with my boyfriend, and apparently close to guys in general, even exes, so it would seem hypocritical.
But I am sure I will find out sooner or later....
Reply 6
Original post by Orthonym
Ask her boyfriend!

I could yeah, although I am just worried about causing drama and such. She can be quite an angry and dramatic person apparently, and I do not want to cause tensions. I just feel a bit upset because she seems to like the female friend of my boyfriend, but not me, but I tried to talk to her twice and suggest stuff to do with them.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks :smile: I highly doubt she would be jealous of me; she is a very attractive girl (and everyone says this) and seems to have lots of friends. If she does not want me to speak to him, that is fine, but I do not have any kind of regular conversation with him, I was merely just trying to be friendly, and she is good friends with my boyfriend, and apparently close to guys in general, even exes, so it would seem hypocritical.
But I am sure I will find out sooner or later....

No problem :smile: ...

Yeah> I totally understand your trying to be friendly : it's hard to figure people sometimes lol.

Best of luck ~ I hope you sort it out. :cool:
Reply 8
maybe she just has no interest in being your friend. She could of been nice and enthusiastic at first because she was happy about her friends happiness? but when that died down she just sees you as her friends girlfriend rather than someone she wants to be friends with. if my friends partner came to visit I wouldn't be particularly interest in making plans with them I'd just leave them to spend time together since they live far apart..
Reply 9
Original post by Tha Realest
No problem :smile: ...

Yeah> I totally understand your trying to be friendly : it's hard to figure people sometimes lol.

Best of luck ~ I hope you sort it out. :cool:

Yeah indeed, since he is his best friend, I wanted to be on good terms with them. I would never try to get too friendly with anyone else's boyfriend in any shape or form. Yeah, I would just not want her to try and discourage my boyfriend from me or something. I am going to confide in my boyfriend about this and see what he says. Thanks again :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by boba
maybe she just has no interest in being your friend. She could of been nice and enthusiastic at first because she was happy about her friends happiness? but when that died down she just sees you as her friends girlfriend rather than someone she wants to be friends with. if my friends partner came to visit I wouldn't be particularly interest in making plans with them I'd just leave them to spend time together since they live far apart..

Yeah possibly. I am not asking to be best friends with her, it was just because she ignored the message I sent, and because we were supposed to do stuff with them but nothing ever happened. And she is not close with the female friend of my boyfriend either, but she is always liking her photos and stuff. I just felt like it was the polite thing to meet up with us both one time, but yeah maybe I am over-thinking it. Thanks :smile:
Reply 11
Yeah possibly. I am not asking to be best friends with her, it was just because she ignored the message I sent, and because we were supposed to do stuff with them but nothing ever happened. And she is not close with the female friend of my boyfriend either, but she is always liking her photos and stuff. I just felt like it was the polite thing to meet up with us both one time, but yeah maybe I am over-thinking it. Thanks :smile:

I can understand why you want to be on good terms with his friends but unfortunately if she doesn't want to you can't. I only thought that might be the reason as you haven't anything that you have done that could be a problem as far as I can see
Reply 12
Original post by boba
I can understand why you want to be on good terms with his friends but unfortunately if she doesn't want to you can't. I only thought that might be the reason as you haven't anything that you have done that could be a problem as far as I can see

Yeah I see where you are coming from, and it must be that yeah. Thanks :smile:
Reply 13
Why does it bother you so much?
Reply 14
I could yeah, although I am just worried about causing drama and such. She can be quite an angry and dramatic person apparently, and I do not want to cause tensions. I just feel a bit upset because she seems to like the female friend of my boyfriend, but not me, but I tried to talk to her twice and suggest stuff to do with them.

It shouldn't cause drama, as long as you don't say negative things. I'd just be like 'I thought [insert name] seemed really nice that time we met, but she's not replied to my messages.. I wondered did she take something I said the wrong way or something? I'd like to get to know her.'

Even if you're pretty sure you didn't say anything that could be taken offensively, it's kind of a humble(?) way of putting it that communicates your point of view.
I think its cos you spoke to her bf. If she can be jealous and bitchy as you say then it probably is cos of something minor like that.
Reply 16
Original post by Scott.
Why does it bother you so much?

I dunno really, I guess since they are his close friends, I want to be on good terms with everyone... and yeah I am quite sensitive also so I tend to take it to heart when people seem to dislike me for no apparent reason. I also worry that she prefers the female friend who my boyfriend liked/apparently liked him, and wants to get them together instead and stuff.... yeah I know that sounds crazy but I have a big imagination lol..... but I will try to forget about it, not worth worrying over :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Ilovechocolate09
I think its cos you spoke to her bf. If she can be jealous and bitchy as you say then it probably is cos of something minor like that.

Yeah, possibly it is that. If it is, I am afraid to say she should re-think things, as the messages literally consisted of mostly talking about my boyfriend and what he was up to, and I was asking how she was and what she was doing. I spoke to him because I had already spoken to her and because he left me a comment like I said. If she is angry at me for that, then I find her to be very hypocritical, as she apparently hangs out with exes/other guys that fancy her, which her boyfriend may find difficult, and so to be mad at me for a mere polite conversation that happened 6 months ago is ridiculous.
In that case, I would rather not be friends with somebody like that, and so whilst I will be civil should I encounter her in the future, I will stop caring and focus on other people.
Reply 18
Original post by Orthonym
It shouldn't cause drama, as long as you don't say negative things. I'd just be like 'I thought [insert name] seemed really nice that time we met, but she's not replied to my messages.. I wondered did she take something I said the wrong way or something? I'd like to get to know her.'

Even if you're pretty sure you didn't say anything that could be taken offensively, it's kind of a humble(?) way of putting it that communicates your point of view.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. If it still continues to bother me/be noticeable, I am going to try it. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending