The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Halls Accommodation Insurance

hey, this'll be mostly for current students as opposed to prospective

reading through the information on the website for the halls it says 'basic contents insurance included, however you may want to expand this'

what sort of things does the basic insurance cover? is it worth taking out a more comprehensive cover?

thanks guys!
Reply 1
If I remember correctly, it doesn't cover everything you would probably like to be covered. However, you needn't actually worry about it until you're actually moving in on the day. There was a Endsleigh insurance rep. in the halls office [where you will collect your key etc.] that explained everything to me + I sorted out the insurance there and then, which was really quick. It's not that expensive too - something like £8 a month :smile:

[EDIT] I think you can check out the Endsleigh website and give them some details + they'll tell you what is covered in your halls etc. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Before you purchase extra insurance check you parents home contents insurance many home insurers give extra cover as an optional extra or as part of the policy for students belongings.

any one claim.
4. Contents at University/College
We will pay up to 15% of the sum insured for contents, for loss or
damage due to any cause insured under paragraph A of this section
2 to contents temporarily removed from the home while a member
of your family is attending college, university or boarding school.
copy from insurance plus at direct line but lots of other insurers gave this cover too.
Reply 4
I really recommend you take out the full cover with Endsleigh!

I lost my phone this year and they reimbursed (new for old) such was a life saver!

Besides its only something like £10 a month depending on what you want covered :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest