The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Which do you recommend?

Hello,

Sorry another similar thread but I was wondering if someone could please help me decide where to apply for accommodation. Out of all the complex's which is the best? Is Glen Eyre complex the best one? I would prefer en suite and a reasonably sized room. Not too bothered about other factors.

I was toying with the idea of not applying to halls residence on my 1st year so was wondering if anyone knew anywhere where I could get info about non halls accommodation?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Neary everyone I know here applied for glen eyre, but none of them got it. It seems that Wessex lane isn't as popular, but I love it here.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh, and you definately should go in halls the first year, you just should imo
Reply 3
Blue!
Neary everyone I know here applied for glen eyre, but none of them got it. It seems that Wessex lane isn't as popular, but I love it here.

Really, must be popular then. Does Wessex have en suite and Internet capabilities? What are the rooms like and why do you love it?

I guess I should do halls really...
Reply 4
Yeap, Wesex Lane has Montefiore and 3+4 are both ensuites and the whole halls have instant internet with just plug into the system cables.

Most people choose Glen Eyre because its closer to campus, Hell even I did but I got into Wessex lane and I love it here :smile: Yes its a little furthur from campus but its bigger and with more people.

Blue! Where do you live in Wessex lane?
Reply 5
That sounds really good. I think I'll apply to Wessex Lane. How far is it from campus roughly - in terms of how many minutes to walk? Is it alot further than Glen Eyre do you know?

Thanks for your help.
Reply 6
That sounds really good. I think I'll apply to Wessex Lane. How far is it from campus roughly - in terms of how many minutes to walk? Is it alot further than Glen Eyre do you know?

Am I late in applying for accommodation does anyone know?

Thanks for your help.
Reply 7
i still need to apply. gonna wait until after the exams thou. when i went on the visit day i didnt see glen erye but saw wessex ln. only saw a basic room but thought i was appaling the showers were nasty so i really hope i get en suite!!

Any one on this thread now walking time from glen eyre to the oceanography centre?
Reply 8
CLman

Thanks for your help.

About 15-20 Mins depending on how fast you walk.. Glen eyre is about 10 Mins to Highfield campus which is the main campus, however some people are at avenue campus.
Wessex Lane runs regular bus services around 5 buses head to highfield an hour, 3 U1C that go to uni, the to city, and 2 U6H that go to uni, the hospital.. so you dont even need to walk if you dont want to! The one advantage Wessex lane has I would say is it bus links, with much more buses than glen eyre going to the Hosptial, campus, Portswood and City. Glen eyre does have the U2 that goes from Glen eyre, to main campus, to avenue, to city though.
Reply 9
Hanzing
About 15-20 Mins depending on how fast you walk.. Glen eyre is about 10 Mins to Highfield campus which is the main campus, however some people are at avenue campus.
Wessex Lane runs regular bus services around 5 buses head to highfield an hour, 3 U1C that go to uni, the to city, and 2 U6H that go to uni, the hospital.. so you dont even need to walk if you dont want to! The one advantage Wessex lane has I would say is it bus links, with much more buses than glen eyre going to the Hosptial, campus, Portswood and City. Glen eyre does have the U2 that goes from Glen eyre, to main campus, to avenue, to city though.

Thanks for the info. 5 mins is not alot so I'm not to fussed about which I go to, accept I will be pushing for the en suite.
Reply 10
PQ
Be careful not to push too hard.

If en suite is down as your only priority and they can't fit you in an en suite room the accommodation office will often place you down in private halls in the city centre (which are all en suite but also much further from the main campuses and not run by the university).

Really. Thanks for the advice, I will keep that in mind.

Latest

Trending

Trending