The Student Room Group

Chinese Edexcel A2 Exam June 18th

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi, has anyone got any plans for how to prepare for the tpiocs for the speaking exam for AS mandarin? We're supposed to know about food, diet and health / transport, travel and tourism / education and employment / leisure, youth interests and chinese festivals. Does anyone know of where there are any vocabulary lists that can be downloaded or anything like that? Or maybe some useful articles? I can link anything I stumble across in the meantime.
Reply 61
Original post by thetada
Hi, has anyone got any plans for how to prepare for the tpiocs for the speaking exam for AS mandarin? We're supposed to know about food, diet and health / transport, travel and tourism / education and employment / leisure, youth interests and chinese festivals. Does anyone know of where there are any vocabulary lists that can be downloaded or anything like that? Or maybe some useful articles? I can link anything I stumble across in the meantime.

I have no idea though.. I guess just read more :biggrin:

Anyone finish drafting the A2 research based essay?
Anyone doing history topics??
Reply 62
Original post by thetada

Just wing it. It got me an A last year.
What's the worst that can happen?
Reply 63
Original post by w77
Just wing it. It got me an A last year.
What's the worst that can happen?

Are you taking A2 this year?
Reply 64
Original post by JackTeh96
Are you taking A2 this year?

I was going to, but I decided that A2 would be much harder to do without studying so dropped it halfway through the year. I'm guessing you are?
Reply 65
Original post by w77
I was going to, but I decided that A2 would be much harder to do without studying so dropped it halfway through the year. I'm guessing you are?

Yes, I am. I am working on the research based essay, which is a pain.... the rest of the part is quite straightforward.
Reply 66
Yes, I am. I am working on the research based essay, which is a pain.... the rest of the part is quite straightforward.

Good luck! I'm so glad I don't have to do that anymore ^-^
What's your research based essay on?
Reply 67
Original post by w77
Good luck! I'm so glad I don't have to do that anymore ^-^
What's your research based essay on?

Chinese modern history, chinese civil war.
Reply 68
Chinese modern history, chinese civil war.

Have fun ;D that sounds awful
Reply 69
Is anyone learning lots of vocab for the A2 exam?
Guys, for the research based essay, do I have to choose a title from the list of questions they gave us?Or can I set my own title (that's not on the list)
Original post by Y_123456
For the research-based essay, I'm going to focus on environment, economy, or social issues of Beijing.
I would like to write about 魯迅 《故鄉》, but I couldn't get hold of a copy of it.

For the research based essay, do we have to choose a title thats on the list? or can I just set my own title?

Reply 72
Original post by Xing Chen
For the research based essay, do we have to choose a title thats on the list? or can I just set my own title?

Original post by Xing Chen
Guys, for the research based essay, do I have to choose a title from the list of questions they gave us?Or can I set my own title (that's not on the list)

As far as i am concerned, as long as you are writing essays around the given topic, you will be find. You can set your own title.
Reply 73
I did the exam last year, apparently the RBE title has to be quite specific. Also with the history section, don't just narrate a story, give your own opinion and link the paragraphs, so basically like a normal english/history type essay. vocab-wise, not that essential, you just need to know key vocab from the book. Also for the translation, they usually chuck in some specific grammar structure like or 被. Good luck guys!
Reply 74
It's on June the 17th right? I'm thinking of writing about 'Chinese taboos and superstitions' which is suggested in the A2 book. I am quite lost and nervous at the moment as in my school there isn't actually a Chinese class and this exam is fully based on me self-studying. I got a B last year with no help but I feel like I need some extra help in this exam. Can you tell me as much information about this exam as you can-for instance what title is the best to link back or should it be a compare and contrast essay title etc. Thanks!
Original post by B09MeTan
I did the exam last year, apparently the RBE title has to be quite specific. Also with the history section, don't just narrate a story, give your own opinion and link the paragraphs, so basically like a normal english/history type essay. vocab-wise, not that essential, you just need to know key vocab from the book. Also for the translation, they usually chuck in some specific grammar structure like or 被. Good luck guys!

I am doing the RBE on Chinese civil war. My title is "中国共产党在第二次国公内战(解放战争)中的最终胜利从多大程度上取决于毛泽东优秀的领导才能?" (basically justifying the importance of Mao's leadership in the victory of the chinese civil war), what do you think>
OK, my girlfriend is doing AS Chinese tomorrow (I know it is the wrong exam, but she's in need of help) she is doing Mandarin, but she's unsure whether she can do the written in simplified (as this is her preferred format) does anyone know the answer? I've checked the spec and it isn't clear.
Reply 77
Original post by uncleniccius
OK, my girlfriend is doing AS Chinese tomorrow (I know it is the wrong exam, but she's in need of help) she is doing Mandarin, but she's unsure whether she can do the written in simplified (as this is her preferred format) does anyone know the answer? I've checked the spec and it isn't clear.

she can
Original post by Mikkiboo
she can

So even though it is listed as "traditional" she can definitely use simplified? Thank you SO much, she's a fluent speaker and thus hasn't done lessons, she did some past papers but she thought she needed to use traditional until she realised she *might* be able to use simplified.

Thanks, this will help her a lot!
2 weeks till exam and i still haven't even started on the essay D:
Is it compulsory to write down ur sources for ur essay btw? I'm planning to use the notes from my teacher in my previous school ._.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending