The Student Room Group

Re-doing year 12

I started boarding school in September, and from the start it was awful. From half way through the first week, people would slam doors in my face and leave the table when I stood up , all because I apparentlt said something. That got resolved but things pretty much carried on , they would run away from me when they were going to dinner, and make hints for me to leave like REALLY strong ones. All of the boys caught on and were really rude, I coulnd't walk anywhere without getting abuse, and I basically became mute. I would only leave my room for lessons, until a couple of weeks ago I would only go to dinner 3 times a week and not have breakfast or lunch and eat out of the vendi machines. I've never had a roomate because no one wats to share with me and I have a place at another school , though it would mean re-doing the year. Though universities apparntly don't mind if its for 'personal reasons'. My grades aren't awful, more a couple of bs cs ds and a u . Though I should be getting all as. It has recently looked up though, i have made friends with people in different years though they are all leaving, I know although I dont go to breakfast or lunch go to dinner everyday. I just wait till they have left come late sit at a table and don't talk then leave. But this day school would mean living at home nd I went to boarding school cause me and my parents didn't get on and the school is full of really rich famous people m and Im not that. Also I have stopped getting abuse from theboys.But the quality of education I get here is pretty terrible . If i stay here I only have one more year till univeristy and I weekly board. But im really scared my new school will be really snobby as it is an all girls private school in sloane square
i say make a fresh start somewhere else if you wont get the grades this year

if you do go somewhere new, you must must do all research you can about this new place to decide whether or not you like it
do you feel you will fit in well?
are there lots of like-minded people there?
the quality of teaching?
its reputation?
Reply 2
Original post by lizzie96
I started boarding school in September, and from the start it was awful. From half way through the first week, people would slam doors in my face and leave the table when I stood up , all because I apparentlt said something. That got resolved but things pretty much carried on , they would run away from me when they were going to dinner, and make hints for me to leave like REALLY strong ones. All of the boys caught on and were really rude, I coulnd't walk anywhere without getting abuse, and I basically became mute. I would only leave my room for lessons, until a couple of weeks ago I would only go to dinner 3 times a week and not have breakfast or lunch and eat out of the vendi machines. I've never had a roomate because no one wats to share with me and I have a place at another school , though it would mean re-doing the year. Though universities apparntly don't mind if its for 'personal reasons'. My grades aren't awful, more a couple of bs cs ds and a u . Though I should be getting all as. It has recently looked up though, i have made friends with people in different years though they are all leaving, I know although I dont go to breakfast or lunch go to dinner everyday. I just wait till they have left come late sit at a table and don't talk then leave. But this day school would mean living at home nd I went to boarding school cause me and my parents didn't get on and the school is full of really rich famous people m and Im not that. Also I have stopped getting abuse from theboys.But the quality of education I get here is pretty terrible . If i stay here I only have one more year till univeristy and I weekly board. But im really scared my new school will be really snobby as it is an all girls private school in sloane square

:console:

In situations like this, it is best to just grin and bear it. You are right - University is just around the corner and I'm sure things will look up then. At the moment, I recognise what you're going through is tough but if you can get your way through it all that would be a huge achievement :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending