The Student Room Group

OCR Human Geography - Managing Change in Human Environments Tues 21st May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PeterG95
How did everyone find this then?

Yeah I actually enjoyed it!
I did the tourism essay, so factors influencing the growth or something, and structured questions for energy and urban which were quite nice too! Although, waste came up...AGAIN! was ready for air pollution or traffic congestion!
Reply 21
Did anyone do the energy essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I found the energy/tourism essay odd as it wasn't really on a case study- tried to put china in it. I though it was an odd one for 25 marker!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Went alright.. spent like 5 minutes trying to figure out which map went with which. Don't see why so much paper was needed, they should of planned it better it really confused me sorting out the ones i needed for urban and not rural. Mini panic attack from that but the rest was ok, the 9 markers were hard i didn't write enough! And the Tourism/Energy 25 markers were a totally new layout so no idea how that went!
The energy and tourism 25 markers were weird- i did energy- there's never been anything like them so I really don't know whether I've done what they were properly asking for because there's nothing to refer back too :/
9 marker for rural was pretty hard too
Better then physical though overall I found :smile:
I did the tourism question as the essay and totally freaked out. I was expecting "with reference....blablabla" so I just panicked and wrote three pages on rising affluence, more spare time, better transport, better development of countries, laws and more people wanting to visit exotic places and tried to tie in a little bit of some case studies like china for laws and Antarctica for new places to visit ext

also I did London/Mumbai for urban
and Iceland for energy

hoping this is what the questions wanted but not entirely sure :s
Reply 26
Original post by behindblueglass
I did the tourism question as the essay and totally freaked out. I was expecting "with reference....blablabla" so I just panicked and wrote three pages on rising affluence, more spare time, better transport, better development of countries, laws and more people wanting to visit exotic places and tried to tie in a little bit of some case studies like china for laws and Antarctica for new places to visit ext

also I did London/Mumbai for urban
and Iceland for energy

hoping this is what the questions wanted but not entirely sure :s

That's exactly what i did for the tourism essay! Right threw me off though!
Reply 27
OCR need to sort it out. I wasted a good 5mins looking for the rural maps. Rural 9marks was nice as I had to do a powerpoint on land degradation.
i did the urban frst question... but because i did not look really hard...
i started comparing one of the rural maps to one of the urban ones... they wernt really that clear i didnt think... haha
Reply 29
Sorry I didn't do rural. What essay question did you do? Because I did tourism which didn't say to use located examples. I used loads of case studies though and I don't know if I'll get marks for them.
Reply 30
Original post by PeterG95
Sorry I didn't do rural. What essay question did you do? Because I did tourism which didn't say to use located examples. I used loads of case studies though and I don't know if I'll get marks for them.

I did rural and energy short questions and the urban essay. Overall this paper was better compared to previous past papers and the physical one was really hard.
Out of curiosity is anyone resitting this exam on Friday?
I crashed and burned and got a D for this exam (C overall for geography )
What topics are people predicting will show up?
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending