The Student Room Group

The OU language degree?

I am currently near the end of my first gap year as I decided not to go university last year after not getting my first two options and found it extremely difficult to adapt myself into going to a university through clearing and in a way I am sure it wasn't meant to be as I have never really wanted to go to university. Having said this I do really want to further my education in order to have more chance of getting a good job and I have realised despite being young I would prefer doing an ou degree course from home as I can work (as my parents arnt the most comfortable financially) and move around be flexable.

I am serious about choosing a right path though which Is why my anxiety as started to get the better of me. I am fluent in Italian and think furthering my strength in languages and doing an ou French and Spanish degree would be beneficial for my future.
There are a few things I am worried about though..
1) is an OU degree still looked upon seriously? Is there still a good chance of getting a good job with one?
2) is the level of study good enough?
3) is the support you get from online tutors good enough to get you through?

I know a normal university is probably a lot more prestigious however I am willing to put the work in and because of my parents financial background and the person I am I just don't want to put that weight and stress of going to a normal university as its also far more expensive to get by.

All comments are greatly appreciated. )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending