Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

International Postrgraduate Scholarships 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

Original post by Kikica
I've read on facebook that people started receiving regret letters!

Hi! Where did you read that?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Oh dear! Already? Can u post the link here please? Now i'm getting the jitters!!:eek:
Reply 22
Mary7, i saw u posted in another thread that the scholarship applications were different this time? How so?:confused:
Reply 23
Yes,the application form was different-- now the statemetns is supposed to be 400 words,it was 500 before plus some of the questions about achievements have to be relevant to the course ur applying and before was just list ANY achievements...
Reply 24
Original post by olja
Hi! Where did you read that?

It's a closed facebook group "Westminster Business School Graduate Community" only for the ones who applied for Business School courses.
Reply 25
Yes, there is a lot of people already who got a negative response. There was an information that they are choosing 750 people to sponsor among 1883.
In our letters confirming that the applications has arrived there was an information that people who wont get a scholarship would get an answer while June. And the list of successful applicants will be announced in mid-July.
Reply 26
Olesia, do u mean there r 1883 people in total who applied for scholarships or that's just for the business school? I didn't get any info regarding the number of scholarships/applicants, only that I will receive a reply in late July... Is it just me or did everyone receive a different answer? Mine clearly stated late July, others said late June,early July, now it's mid July for the successful applicants... In my opinion ALL applicants/ successful or not/ should be informed on the same date, that's it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Mary, this number was for both PG and UG applicants in all the schools. I don't know exactly whether this number is correct actually. That was just a post on a FB group. And in the letter there was an information that the unsuccessful applicant will be informed earlier. You can read a thread on FB. There is already a lot of people in all the schools getting the rejection letters:frown:
I just repeat the information which the other members post.
Reply 28
Ohh I see. Thanks for the info. I have a feeling there's a lot more people who applied,more like 3000-4000 :frown: This is too stressful !!! They should've changed their ways! :frown: Now I'm scared to check my email and I do check it every 5-10 min......
Reply 29
That's what I do... Few days ago I was waiting for a letter and now I really afraid to get any before July...:s-smilie:
Reply 30
Dunno what to do, its really hard when u know this is ur only chance... Too stressful ugghh :mad:
Reply 31
http://www.westminster.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/2011/University-scholarships-top-4m-as-international-awards-are-announced

This was a list of scholarship winners in 2011. They say there was 4000 applicants and they have only awarded 108. It would be awesome if this year is only 1800 :smile:

Also, my confirmation email didn`t say anything about unsuccessful students being notified first :

We have received your application for a scholarship for September 2013 entry. The Scholarships Committee will be reviewing all the applications shortly after the deadline. We will notify you of the outcome in June or early July. Please note that no applications are reviewed before this date, even though we may have received your scholarship application early. We will notify you by email, and will contact you whether or not you are successful.

Reply 32
Original post by olja
http://www.westminster.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/2011/University-scholarships-top-4m-as-international-awards-are-announced

This was a list of scholarship winners in 2011. They say there was 4000 applicants and they have only awarded 108. It would be awesome if this year is only 1800 :smile:

Also, my confirmation email didn`t say anything about unsuccessful students being notified first :

We have received your application for a scholarship for September 2013 entry. The Scholarships Committee will be reviewing all the applications shortly after the deadline. We will notify you of the outcome in June or early July. Please note that no applications are reviewed before this date, even though we may have received your scholarship application early. We will notify you by email, and will contact you whether or not you are successful.

Mine was exactly the same except it read "late July". Maybe they decided to speed things up:confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Current news about scholarship from the FB:
Jennifer Stokes
Hi everyone, just to keep you in the loop about scholarship applications, they are currently being shortlisted and all decisions will be made by early July. Best of luck to you all. Jeni
Reply 34
Mine said 'June or early July' too. Wow.. It's already happening.. I'm afraid of checking my mail but then at the same time, i can't stop myself. How i wish we we all get it. Praying real hard.
Reply 35
Guys, there was a message on FB from a girl who received a full scholarship in 2010. That's what she's saying about her background: In my case, I had 6 years of volunteering experience with the World Bank and Save the Children foundation back home and 4 years of professional experience. Moreover, I voluntarily worked in a war zone for 3 years....I believe that was an important point in my application as well. I also had a distinction in my BA degree... I believe the 2 references I submitted did benefit my application as well. I worked really hard on my application and re-read my statement few times before I actually posted my application pack. To be honest, I was going to apply back in 2008 but doubted my chances... decided to gain some more work experience first I hope this helps.
So...
Reply 36
Original post by Olesia
Guys, there was a message on FB from a girl who received a full scholarship in 2010. That's what she's saying about her background: In my case, I had 6 years of volunteering experience with the World Bank and Save the Children foundation back home and 4 years of professional experience. Moreover, I voluntarily worked in a war zone for 3 years....I believe that was an important point in my application as well. I also had a distinction in my BA degree... I believe the 2 references I submitted did benefit my application as well. I worked really hard on my application and re-read my statement few times before I actually posted my application pack. To be honest, I was going to apply back in 2008 but doubted my chances... decided to gain some more work experience first I hope this helps.
So...

Good for the girl who got full scholarship. But I don't think it's fair to look at work experience, heck the market is pretty bad right now and besides I wouldn't be applying for ANY degree if I had a stable job and was earning enough to make a living! I wanna develop & improve myself, they should give a chance to people with little to none work experience. Maybe that's just me but they should consider other things like the reference/academic excellence and the statement. That statement is the only glimpse into the applicant's way of thinking (that is, if they wrote it themselves) and achiving their ultimate goal. I think the statement should play the biggest part in the selection process. I sent one reference cause it was too hard to get it anyway, anyone else who sent one? (2nd one was optional right??)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Mary7
Good for the girl who got full scholarship. But I don't think it's fair to look at work experience, heck the market is pretty bad right now and besides I wouldn't be applying for ANY degree if I had a stable job and was earning enough to make a living! I wanna develop & improve myself, they should give a chance to people with little to none work experience. Maybe that's just me but they should consider other things like the reference/academic excellence and the statement. That statement is the only glimpse into the applicant's way of thinking (that is, if they wrote it themselves) and achiving their ultimate goal. I think the statement should play the biggest part in the selection process. I sent one reference cause it was too hard to get it anyway, anyone else who sent one? (2nd one was optional right??)

I also sent only one reference. Instead of the second one, I sent my CV.
Reply 38
I just got a regret letter from them. Bloody bastards... wtf??! Honestly, I dont think they even read my damn statement (i spent 2 months writing it and another month for the application itself), in my opinion they just take ppl with LOTS of work experience which is totally LAME :angry:
Reply 39
Original post by Mary7
I just got a regret letter from them. Bloody bastards... wtf??! Honestly, I dont think they even read my damn statement (i spent 2 months writing it and another month for the application itself), in my opinion they just take ppl with LOTS of work experience which is totally LAME :angry:

I'm sorry for you:frown:But you can try another year or January 2014 intake! Anyway, Mary, can you tell me what was your GPA and experience, extracurricular background and so on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending