Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

International Postrgraduate Scholarships 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Olesia
I'm sorry for you:frown:But you can try another year or January 2014 intake! Anyway, Mary, can you tell me what was your GPA and experience, extracurricular background and so on?

No,I'm officially DONE with the University of Westminster!! Ugghhh This was my first and last attempt to get a full scholarship goddamn it!!!! I have high grades, mostly A's -- GPA 93% (also IELTS overall band score of 9.0 but dont think that counts) I've done a lot of volunteering both domestically and abroad, i've also had a summer job at a hotel. I dont think they read my statement. I had also listed lots of achievements,essay awards (UNESCO),leadership clubs,summer camps,etc. I spent a loooong time working on my application just to get a lousy automatically generated reply 'we are sorry' but ur not good enough or 'we wish u every success in your future' Yeah right!!!!! What a total rip off!! :banghead:
(edited 10 years ago)
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Mary7
No,I'm officially DONE with the University of Westminster!! Ugghhh This was my first and last attempt to get a full scholarship goddamn it!!!! I have high grades, mostly A's -- GPA 93% (also IELTS overall band score of 9.0 but dont think that counts) I've done a lot of volunteering both domestically and abroad, i've also had a summer job at a hotel. I dont think they read my statement. I had also listed lots of achievements,essay awards (UNESCO),leadership clubs,summer camps,etc. I spent a loooong time working on my application just to get a lousy automatically generated reply 'we are sorry' but ur not good enough or 'we wish u every success in your future' Yeah right!!!!! Damn faggots... What a total rip off!! :banghead:

I can't believe! You have great grades and achievements! I'm so, so sorry :frown:
Reply 42
OMG... Then I really don't know whom are they searching for :confused:... Mary, where are you from? Actually, when I read a list of scholarship's awardees I saw that most of them were from India, Bangladesh, Nigeria and other real poor countries. Perhaps they think that other are reacher than they? If so, I'm disappointed. Cos I also don't have any money for studying! I can't afford myself pay for education and living expenses. I could afford my UG degree only because I was a fourfold recipient of my home university's scholarship. :frown:
Reply 43
Yes,same here! I'm an EU student. I realy hope someone from this forum gets a scholarship though!!it's so frustrating when you've worked so hard on something ,to just forget it and move on. I think im gonna need months/years to get over this one... Dunno what to do right now,dont have the motivation to do anything really... I was really keen on this scholarship because I want to improve & develop in order to get a good job u know,thats why i applied in the first place.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Kikica
I can't believe! You have great grades and achievements! I'm so, so sorry :frown:

It's ok Kikica,I'm trying to get over it myself. Not gonna lie,I am disappointed big time :bawling:
Reply 45
I just read your post and I am really shocked that they didn't choose you , but anyway Mary7 it's not the end of the world and you will find a better place..:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by sedra
I just read your post and I am really shocked that they didn't choose you , but anyway Mary7 it's not the end of the world and you will find a better place..:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im trying to get over it but its hard... And I dont really know where else to apply or what to do since this is probably the only institution that offers FULL scholarships besides Oxford & Cambridge.
Reply 47
Original post by Mary7
Im trying to get over it but its hard... And I dont really know where else to apply or what to do since this is probably the only institution that offers FULL scholarships besides Oxford & Cambridge.

You can try to look at this website "scholarship-positions.com",I am sure you will get something with your high grades ,and look at Australian scholarships too:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by sedra
You can try to look at this website "scholarship-positions.com",I am sure you will get something with your high grades ,and look at Australian scholarships too:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey thanks for the website! I will check it out. As for Australian scholarships its mostly for research students and I cannot do research, im leaning towards a taught degree.
Reply 49
Reply 50
Thanks!
I think the problem lies in the competition -- theres far 2 many people applying 4 these scholarships & they r limited... so chances r very slim.
Reply 51
I just got a regret letter , I am so so so mad :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by sedra

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel ur pain... :frown:
Reply 53
I don't know but I had a feeling ...:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
What are u planning to do Mary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
I feel stuck sedra... Honestly I dont know what to do :confused: Im not motivated AT ALL, still grieving... Do u have a plan B? I didnt and I really need a drastic change in my life coz I cant go on like this,i need new priorities, new goals. I dont know where to start coz im so confused :frown: But what i learned from this experience is that there r no (good) universities that will pay for ur education & even if they offer scholarships (like the Uni of WEstminster) they r extremely limited so doing a Masters is not an option for me right now.
Reply 56
I am so much like u and no plan B except keep going on in my job ,but I will keep searching I won't give up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Original post by sedra
I am so much like u and no plan B except keep going on in my job ,but I will keep searching I won't give up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats good. I dont have a job,i really really wish i had a good job so i can earn some money!:s-smilie:
Reply 58
Original post by sedra

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really sorry, Sedra :frown: are you planning to apply for January intake maybe? Can you tell us your GPA and experience? Just to try to figure out what kind of candidate they want.
Reply 59
I am a physician applied for a public health nutrition masters,I have 2 years of work experience ..:sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending