The Student Room Group

Did a big mistake in the AQA GCSE eng Lit

Okay so it wasn't like a really huge mistake , luckily it could've been worse.
To cut It short, I answered BOTH the questions in sec A, BUT there's more!

In Sec a when it tells you to choose out of 2 questions, I overlooked or and like an idiot I almost started answering both. I thought I'd do section b and come back to that question in sec a, but then time ran out and I only just begun writing the question number on the answer booklet with one sentence, will they give me 0 marks for that? For choosing 2 questions? Although I didn't write anything just 1 line, or will they mark the first question instead as I wrote 2 pages for tht? HELP PLUHS IM STRESSIN Dx
Reply 1
I think the examiner wont be too harsh. you should of put a note to the examiner though saying youre mistake. Thats what i would do anyway. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by icantexplain
Okay so it wasn't like a really huge mistake , luckily it could've been worse.
To cut It short, I answered BOTH the questions in sec A, BUT there's more!

In Sec a when it tells you to choose out of 2 questions, I overlooked or and like an idiot I almost started answering both. I thought I'd do section b and come back to that question in sec a, but then time ran out and I only just begun writing the question number on the answer booklet with one sentence, will they give me 0 marks for that? For choosing 2 questions? Although I didn't write anything just 1 line, or will they mark the first question instead as I wrote 2 pages for tht? HELP PLUHS IM STRESSIN Dx

They will mark both of your answers for section A and then they will give you the marks of whichever you got best at (so say you got a 10 and a 15, you would get 15 on section 1 NOT 25). Then they will mark your Section B.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending