Sonnet 116 with Manhunt :P
Reply 81
Original post by ryanroks1
I think we should find poems to link to these:

Ghazal
To His Coy Mistress
Born Yesterday
Sonnet 116

I think that for To His Coy Mistress, we can compare to Hour (battle between love and time)

you can also compare it to in paris with you as they have similar attitudes and both use colloquial language
Reply 82
Original post by Zobkk
Roughly how long should you be spending on the unseen poem?

20 minutes
Reply 83
Can someone please tell me that we're certain the poem will either be on Ghazal, To his Coy Mistress, Born Yesterday and Sonnet 116?
Reply 84
Any major 'don't do's' that you guys can offer as advice?
Reply 85
Original post by Zobkk
Can someone please tell me that we're certain the poem will either be on Ghazal, To his Coy Mistress, Born Yesterday and Sonnet 116?

Think it s a gamble. You need to go with what your instinct is telling you. I'm revising them all. :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by samueel
you can also compare it to in paris with you as they have similar attitudes and both use colloquial language

I agree.
hopefully ghazal comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by Harveena123
hopefully ghazal comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not good on the ghazal.:frown:
Reply 89
Original post by chatty
I am not good on the ghazal.:frown:

What would be the best poem to compare Ghazal with? I don't like Ghazal
Original post by AquaBliz
What would be the best poem to compare Ghazal with? I don't like Ghazal

im doing in paris with you because they both accentuate on the sense to fufil there sexual desires

Posted from TSR Mobile
right, it is all well and good people saying " oh yeah, i am really good at this" or "I love this poem" but people like myself need to get the ball rolling for some last minute comparisons. if you have time to write comments like "i love poem X" or "I compare poem X with poem Y", could you please write some useful comparisons for people to use???

cheers

specifically, i would be very much obliged if someone could come up with 3 or 4 points and an example for a comparison with sonnet 116 or his coy mistress.
Reply 92
Sonnet 116 with Ghazal?
Reply 93
I'd compare Sonnet 43 with Ghazal, as they are both about a forbidden love.
To His Coy Mistress can be compared with Hour, as they both use the structure to convey ideas about time; The rhyme scheme in THCM creates a steady flow, while Hour has a caesura in the 13th line to break an established flow.
Sonnet 116.. How are ideas about time conveyed using structure?
Reply 94
Hi, can someone help me with finding the differences between to his coy mistress and born yesterday. I know some similarities which might be of use to others.
Both use rhyming couplets to emphasise the message of each stanza/ poem. BY's final couplet makes his message sincere as it stands out of the down to earth language. THCM has a rhyming couplet at the end of each stanza and it emphasises the stanza's message that he would spend time adorning his mistress, but there is not enough time and that they should stand against time by accepting his offer.
Reply 95
please can somebody suggest some good comparisons for 'Born Yesterday' ? :smile:
Ghazal, THCM, Sonnet 116 and born yesterday will come up cos brothers, in Paris with you and sister made are foundation poems and only come up in foundation.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by :)xx
please can somebody suggest some good comparisons for 'Born Yesterday' ? :smile:

THCM and ghazal
can anyone give me techniques or any information on born yesterday ts one of my weaker poems
any tips for the unseen poetry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending