The Student Room Group

Business studies Unit 1 may 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenq
I found the questions about market volume and repeated purchases in Section A difficult!! what are the correct answers?
I ran out of time while doing the last 12 marks question, i couldn't think of any negative impact on SuperJam if the umemployment level in Scotland is high or if the £ appreciates

Hey, I'm not sure if I'm right but a brief explanation of what I said was...

Increased unemployment - consumers will have less money in general and will be less inclined to purchase branded products because they tend to more more expensive. If unemployment increased then the general income is lower, people are more likely to buy cheaper substitutes such as ASDA own brand Jam (APP)

Since they were split into 6 markers each you didn't have to evaluate, only had Knowledge, Application and Analysis
Reply 41
Original post by mondlik
what were your answers for the demand question in section a? high interest rates,weak pound,high inflation or high unemployment??

i gave inflation what about you?
Reply 42
hmm i cant remember the question well, but i THINK i wrote weak pound.
not so sure, but that's what clicked in my head right now.
i emphasise this, i THINK i wrote that
Reply 43
This is what I wrote, they're not 100% correct and not in order, right down what you answered :smile:
1) 300000
2) what motivated you to go to the gym(qualitative question)
3) debentures(external scources of finance)
4) identifying potential niches(market segmentation)
5) Higher profit margins (repeat purchases)
6)they have to spend their own moneyX (risks)
7) Higher profit X(sales volume)
8)weaker pound

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by aleexfieeld
Hey, I'm not sure if I'm right but a brief explanation of what I said was...

Increased unemployment - consumers will have less money in general and will be less inclined to purchase branded products because they tend to more more expensive. If unemployment increased then the general income is lower, people are more likely to buy cheaper substitutes such as ASDA own brand Jam (APP)

Since they were split into 6 markers each you didn't have to evaluate, only had Knowledge, Application and Analysis

Im pretty sure it says assess so we're expected to give at least one evaluation point..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ruby_v
Anyone have the paper ?

Hi Lucy, do you have the edexcel GCE business studies / economics and business unit 1 devolping business ideas the May 2013 (latest exam paper) , do you have a link or could you take pictures of that exam and sent It to me please, I would really
Original post by ruby_v
Anyone have the paper ?

Ruby, do you have the GCE edxcel unit 1 devolving business ideas, the May paper on you? Can you either send me the pics or send me a link, pretty please? :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending