The Student Room Group

HELP!! Maintenance Grant - I think I've made a mistake...

Hi,

I've completed my student finance application online and sent it to be processed.

However, I don't recall selecting for my household income to be taken into consideration. Is this what I needed to select in order for me to be eligible for a Maintenance Grant, based on my parents income? If it is, is there anyway I can amend it after I've applied?

I'm worried that I've made a mistake, as nowhere on my application does it ask for any of my parent's details.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Reply 1
you'll just get a letter telling you how much money you're entitled to NOT taking household income into consideration (so just a loan and not the maintenance grant). then you can provide them with information of your parents income and they'll recalculate how much you get (loan plus maintenance grant). i think that's right as that's what happened to me a few years ago
Nice one, cheers! Didn't know whether I should be panicing or not!
Original post by bouncing_soul91
Hi,

I've completed my student finance application online and sent it to be processed.

However, I don't recall selecting for my household income to be taken into consideration. Is this what I needed to select in order for me to be eligible for a Maintenance Grant, based on my parents income? If it is, is there anyway I can amend it after I've applied?

I'm worried that I've made a mistake, as nowhere on my application does it ask for any of my parent's details.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

There would have been a tick box where you would have said you want your household income taken in to account. If you tick this box it should ask you at the end (I believe once it's been submitted) how you want to provide evidence of your parents earnings. This can be done online or on paper. They then have to fill in the information and send off the relevant paperwork.

If you didn't tick it, then your funding will be non-income assessed. In which case you'll need to submit a change of circumstances form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending