The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Grades so far (including ISA scores)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Most people seem to have done great tbh
I got:
Chem: 48/50
Phy: 46/50
Bio: 44/50

I think around 42 will be A*
Reply 41
Original post by Joe7
I'm an A* student and I go to a high performing grammar school, however few people have been achieving marks of over 40 in the ISA's and even fewer have achieved marks higher than 45. I've got:

Biology - 43/50
Chemistry - 41/50
Physics - 40/50

Personally, I think the marking from some schools has been overgenerous, and hopefully AQA will do their job and create an even playing field through moderation.

Obviously the AQA moderators would put marks up and down where necessary..
I don''t think that our school has had overgenerous marking, yet the majority got good marks - I know this because the for past three years, the moderators have put the marks for the whole year up
Tbh, most schools don't over-generously mark because they know the work will be moderated and lowered.
Well I hope that the grade boundaries are lower than I thought anyway because I'm not feeling so good about the exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
What is the ums for physics=41 biology=34 and chemistry=34. If you want harsh marking, come to my school :L
Most people did well in my class since the ISAs are extraordinarily straight forward providing you've seen the markscheme. I got:

Physics: 50/50
Biology: 50/50
Chemistry: 48/50

I'm assuming that an A* will be 42-43 and the cap will be around 46-47.
Reply 45
Also as others have said people on here are usually quite clever. At my school, people in the bottom sets are getting high 20's which means the grade boundries could still be relatively low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Chlorophile
Most people did well in my class since the ISAs are extraordinarily straight forward providing you've seen the markscheme. I got:

Physics: 50/50
Biology: 50/50
Chemistry: 48/50

I'm assuming that an A* will be 42-43 and the cap will be around 46-47.

What did you get in the exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Millerman
What did you get in the exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head but I'm on a 95-100UMS average for them all. Which is great because it means I only need Cs in Unit 3 to get an A*.
Reply 48
Biology - 45/50
Chemistry - 40/50
Physics - 47/50

Really disappointed with my Chemistry result, the ISA could have pulled up my average considerably.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
I'm really scared, I think i have done awful in my ISAs, as the marking in my school seems quite low to what everyone else got. I'm in triple science and people were getting in their 30's mostly, especially in physics. However, teachers have said they have never really had a problem with their marking and have been spot on in the last few years.
Reply 50
49-Physics
49-Chemistry
44-Biology. Whaaay?? :cry2:
Reply 51
Original post by Chlorophile
I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head but I'm on a 95-100UMS average for them all. Which is great because it means I only need Cs in Unit 3 to get an A*.

Nutter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unit 2 Science AQA

Biology- 82 UMS
Physics- 82 UMS

Don't remember chemistry one
Reply 53
Core isa-45
Additional isa-46
I'm third set butt top set would normally get 50 out of 50 casually...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you?
Reply 55
So everyone on here seems to be insanely intelligent... My physics ISA was 35 but I've been told that's an A? What would it be for an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
39 was A* last year and you were given a hypothesis so the grade boundaries shouldn't be any higher than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Yeah that is true! My teacher told me if you get above 42/50 then it is an A*and equates to 100 UMS points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys need some help i got 23, 22 and 22 which is an E/D in my ISAs how much would it push my overall grade down???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HugeBicepLAD
39 was A* last year and you were given a hypothesis so the grade boundaries shouldn't be any higher than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that was in the old spec where it was out of 40.:frown:

Original post by theskyisblu
Guys need some help i got 23, 22 and 22 which is an E/D in my ISAs how much would it push my overall grade down???

Posted from TSR Mobile

The ISA's equate in terms of ums to one unit exam (100), so if you're getting As and A*s in them then it will push it down quite significantly. However, if you were doing that well than I can't see how you'd get those scores and they may be moderated up!!!

Quick Reply

Latest